cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Installation for High Availability

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Expert

We are planning to go for HA solution for our PI Production environment installation

We are going to install this on Windows Server and looking for Microsoft Clustering

We have planned for 2 servers, one for Primary which will host CI and DB and second for failt over which will also host CI and DB

Just want to know if any (CI or DB) instance fails on primary, does the failover server start working for that instance on faileover server

For example : if only DB failes on Server A.can server B (failover) take care for DB part only not CI part as CI is working fine on Server A

Please advice me on the above

Thanks in Advance

Thanks with Regards

Deelip

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience there is a short delay as the the failover kicks in, but it does work well!

as long as the you follow the correct procdeure for the installation, the MSCS is configured correctly and DB Failsafe binaires are applied on each node!

we had decent hardware, and had MSCS 2003 with Oracle 9 and XI3.0 running very well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry

One of my Windows administrator is saying that cluster works if the Primary machin is physically down and then the second cluster server starts working

He is saying cluster will not work if there is problem in Application itself

Can you Please provide me some more details on this?

Thanks

Deelip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our windows admin set up the application to failover if the application fails - so if the ABAP SID or J2EE SID goes offline in the MSCS it was automtically failed over to the other node! We also had a dependency between ABAP and JAVA!

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04S/helpdata/EN/04/285ea6a87f11d194a400a0c930df15/frameset.htm

Follow the simple set up in the correct installation guide! If you have any queries I can dig out my own installation guide for my old set up!

Answers (0)