Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report:Failed Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While trying to import ,I am getting error

"Some records failed to import.Do you want to see the report?"

When i click Yes it doesnot show me naything its just BLANK ..

How can i get this report so that i can know whats going wrong..

Why is the report Blank ..Is any setting missing.???

Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

While trying to import ,I am getting error

"Some records failed to import.Do you want to see the report?"

When i click Yes it doesnot show me naything its just BLANK ..

How can i get this report so that i can know whats going wrong..

Why is the report Blank ..Is any setting missing.???

I am amazed to know that the report is coming blank. According to me, I think there isn't any setting required which you have missed.

I can see 2 reasons for the report to be blank:

1. I guess you might be trying to import huge number of records and also the MDM server connectivity might be very slow, that it why it is not able to process the report.

2. Is the MDM import Manager GUI version mathcing with the MDM server version. This reason causes many features inside the MDM Gui's to not funciton properly. Kindly check your GUI version and the MDM server version if they match. This might be one reason of the report not getting displayed.

Also You have mentioned that the Reocrds are failing to import:

Again there can be various reasons for fialure:

1. One/Many of the property that you have set through Console might have got Violated. For ex, Uniquesses. The records may have duplicate values for field which was set as unique.

2. Also your file may have some special characters which MDM is not able to import and hence throwing you an error.

However, you are right in telling that it will be easier to de-bug if the report is seen.

Also I would like to advice 1 more workaround:

1. If you are trying the manual importing, then try doing it with Automatic Importing. You will find the Log being generated in the Log folder, as soon as the records fail to import. You can then study the log and find out the cause of the error.

Hope it helps.

*Kindly reward points if helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly update us on your issue.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply..I am having a look at it and will get back ASAP..

Regards

Vikrant..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

There are two types of Logs.

1. Server Logs which you can see by simply clicking on Logs.

2. Repository Logs. To see these, you will have to go to Admin section in the repository. Now click on reports and there you can see the import log generated by the MDM server.

For more details, you can see my article of MDM Server Logs.

Below is the link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e840c2-a534-2b10-e5b6-f966218b...

If you are still not able to see the report, then you need to do some settings.

For this, refer this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e840c2-a534-2b10-e5b6-f966218b...

Regards

Richa

Edited by: Richa Goel on Jul 17, 2008 12:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

When the import of records failed a report log is genrated ,which u can see under the MDM Console >Admin> Reports .To see the report logs u have to do some settings.For the configuration see the below article really nice.Ther are various types of logs "server,repository logs etc..

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b28316fa-0301-0010-5a8a-bb4b800b...

Below article explains the type of logs

Hope this may help u.

Rgds

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if you are able to read the reports under admin in console.

+ An