cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI And VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am currently working on CE7.1 .I have NWDI server installed on CE7.0.

I have configured my track for the composite applications and Visual composer.

I am able to see the Software component created under the shared repository of VC.

When i try to add the local models created to the DTR, i get an error saying " UNBLE TO RETRIEVE VENDOR LIST".

When i try to create a "NEW " model in the SC of my track,the "NEW" button to create a DC is grayed out.

Can any one help out in this issue..

Thanks and Regards,

Divya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My bad...

The correct link is http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/9f/d4dc01c6e64b9db3ae125c350439cc/frameset.htm

Regarding the SLD and nameserver - logon to your sld (http://<server>:<port>/sld), goto 'name reservation' and make sure the nameserver is not disabled for the NWDI landscape (I guess you could find more on the subject in the link I have sent you above)

Let me know if it helped

Guy

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aushutosh,

I dont have VIsual Composer DC in the Development infrastructure perspective. So how do i it?

I am unable to create a new Dc in the Shared Repository.Is it possible to create a new dc in ideal case.

Or i have to use a dc already present.

I am not getting the all the vendors(list) in the Vendor Col when i try to add the local model to Shared repository.i am getting only two vendor names( sap.com, kontron .com). i think these are the default one s present.

Should i do anything in the name reservation in sld. and the name prefix should be in the "FinRes " is it?

Regards,

Divya.

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

You can use NWDS --> Development Infrastructure Perspective.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

How do i create a dc of the type Visual Composer.Can you please tell in detail

Thanks and regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

Could you please the document i am unable to open the link you sent.

Divya

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

As i understand there are 2 problems that you are facing

1. When i try to add the local models created to the DTR, i get an error saying " UNBLE TO RETRIEVE VENDOR LIST".

Reason: This is because the vendor details (like sap.com, wipro.com ...etc) are not available or are not taken care of while creating the local dc, Which is expected when you create a DC in DTR.

2. When i try to create a "NEW " model in the SC of my track,the "NEW" button to create a DC is grayed out.

Soln: I would suggest you to create a DC of type Visual Composer from Development Infrastructure perspective. And then create a model in that DC from the Visual Composer design time.

Hope this helps,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The error you get usually designates a configuration issue

Could you please verify the settings using the help page: http://aiokeh.wdf.sap.corp:50000/SAPIKS2/contentShow.sap?_SCLASS=IWB_STRUCT&_SLOIO=DE81867F72E54C0AB...

Also pelase verify that your name server is enabled (in the SLD configuration)

Let me know if it helped... (or not)

Thanks

Guy