cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Interface testing..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how can we test our XI interfaces.

Is there any standard tools available ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If u r talking only about mapping, then u may use Detroubulator. (U may serach for it on sdn)

If u r talking about end-to-end testing, then there could not be a standard tool for it. Because each scenario will expect data from different type of systems based on the communication channel configured.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. If you want to test your scenario at mapping level then you can go to the test tab in your message mapping and provide the sample values and test it.

2. If you want to test the complete scenario, then you can do that in configuration testing at ID. i.e goto tools--> test configuration provide the details of your interface and test whether you have configred correctly.

3. If you want to test at the RWB, then go to integration engine and in the test tab provide the payload along with the interface details and test it. you can see the message in moni.

4. If you want to do the complete end-end testing assuming that you are receiveing a file from a ftp server then drop your file there and keep pooling as per the configuration in the communication channel.

regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Snehal,

Refer the following blog and I am sure this will help you :

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

As such we dont have a particular tool to test whole scenerio but if you ask how to test and debug the interfaces please check the guidelines.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/108ba391-e826-2a10-608f-c1769c51...

Thanks

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks fot replies guys...

I meant to say there is any way we can do load testing on our XI scenario's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I think tools like Mercury would also help.

If you need to do load testing...you can schedule jobs to send a large number of messages e.g. in case of IDocs, you can schedule a job to send a bunch of IDocs to XI, in case of HTTP, SOAP etc you can schedule sender system to send a large number of messages using loadrunner/mercury etc. For file adapter, you can put a large number of files in source directory and test the performance.

You can use the performance monitoring section of RWB to measure the performance under different conditions.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Tools like Mercury or Load Runner or QTP can help you in load testing.

Regards,

Sugata

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by most of you, mercury, QTP, Loadrunner....

I would like to explore this more in detail...do we have any documents available ...how to test our XI interfaces using these tools...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from Mercury tools, if u want to load test ur SOAP scenario, then there is freely downloadable tool on sdn with name "SOAP Regression Testing" tool

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can Test our Intefaces at Configuration level by using

And we can test our Interfaces at Mapping as

Regards

Seshagiri