cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

handling unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

sap gurus

i want to understand how does the system comes to know that for material X this is tha packaging materail Y

gurus please take a lil time of you and solve my very simple issue its just very simple a fresher can solve this if his fundas are clear i hope to get the reply pretty fast full points will be given

there has to be a link b/w these two as w/o it system is not good enough to know that own its own

look what i have understood is

1>create a packaging materila type pallet

2>create a material group mu1

3>allowed packaging material type per material group (here we create a link b/w the pallet and the material group mu1)

4> create a packaging material master in tc MM01 and material type is VERP

and in one of the sales views mention the packging material group (now the question comes into the picture and that is :: is this group is going to be MU1 or not if not then why we have created that mu1 ?? what is the use of mu1 ?)

5> and in the material master of the material to be packed we also assign a packaging material group (now question is why ?)

6> what is the link b/w the packaging material and material to be packed where do we mention that (*is it the packaging instruction is right answer if yes then let me know how to do that *)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

1>create a packaging materila type pallet

2>create a packing material group mu1

3>allowed packaging material type per material group

-->Material Type pallet will be entered in the Paking mterial(VERP Material) master in sales :general/plant view under Packaging material data Tab field is Packaging mat. type(i.e Pallet)

Packaging mat. type field will available only for VERP material type.

-->Packing Material group mu1 will maintained in the Material to be packed master data in the Basic data 1 view field is Matl Grp Pack.Matls

-->As per third step 3>allowed packaging material type per material group you will assign the pallet to the mu1

based on this assignment system will find allowed packing material like this.

Packing Material type Pallet in VERP material

Packing Material group mu1 in Material to be packed , this material group assigned to which packing material type , Pallet ,This packing material type Pallet is assigned in the VERP material master, so sytem will display this VERP material as allowed packing material.

I hope it will clear for you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

really great man u have almost solved my problem

one last doubt

suppose we are creating an outbound delivery and now

i have mentioned the material X (material to be packed )

will the system picks the packaging material automatically or do i need to mention the packaging material there

or for the automatic packaging i need to maintain the packaging instructuion

so in short question is how come system knows that this material is to be packed in this packaging material type ???? or it happens manually ????

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Again it will be depend on the configuration settings packing will be done automatically or manullay.

But main logic behaind to show the sytem allowed packing material is same what I mentioned in the previous posting.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (0)