cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start,Stop Script Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

We have BIW 3.5 installed on HP-Unix with Oracle 9i.

My issue is that when i start my system with sapstart all and stop system by stopsap all, it didn't start not stop the database and it only start the saposcol and instances.While from logs it's clear that it runs startdbs.cmd but after that it checks only that whether database is up or not.

If database is not available,it does not start it so i have to manually start database everytime.

Please suggest.

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use `startsap` <sid> command to start the SAP. This scripts will start the SAP Instance as well as DB

Use `Stopsap` to stop the SAP system.

Path for startsap and stopsap scripts

/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe

or

/sapmnt/<SID>/exe

Thanks

Thiruma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with STARTSAP but still the same issue,Even in all my systems startsap all is running fine.

Now i am planning to upgrade the kernel patch that will replace all my existing scripts with newone.

What do you say..

Shivam Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On executing stopsap db i am getting outout:

Checking BWD Database

-

ABAP Database is running

Checking BWD Database

-

Stopping the SAP instance DVEBMGS04

-

Shutdown-Log is written to /home/bwdadm/stopsap_DVEBMGS04.log

Instance DVEBMGS04 was not running!

Database is still running on remote DB server

Log on to DB server and stop database

Please suggest.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Database is still running on remote DB server

So please can you confirm that SAP instance and database instance are running on to different machines?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I am also feeling that this might be tha case as when i execute startsap db it is showing:

Start database from remote server.

But as my client is not sure of this thing and i am also not getting how to check that,Can you please help me that how can i confirm this thing.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you wrote:

i have to manually start database everytime.

I suppose you should know where you are logged on when doing this?

Sorry, I am very confused now ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

I have to start and stop database from brtools.

Shivam Mittal

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to System -> Status if the host of the DB is different than the host of the system then is a Distributed System

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked that both host names are same.We also have a portal system (of java stack only) installed on this host and we also face same issue in that also while starting and stoping the server.

Shivam Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong SAP central instance host name is the name that in on right ,down side nead to system id and client name.

Just want to clear my doubt.

Shivam

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah... is the one under Host... the other one is under Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Under host information is:

Operating system HP-UX

Machine type ia64

Server name MSLPBD_BWD_04

Platform ID 274

And under Database:

Database system ORACLE

Release 9.2.0.6.0

Name BWD

Host MSLPBD

Owner SAPBWD

Any suggestion.

Shivam

Former Member
0 Kudos

MSLPBD_BWD_04 probably is a virtual hostname.

Is there any chance you may, within a few days or weeks, contact a Unix system administrator, who is responsible for the machines, and who will know what is going on?

Edited by: Joe Bo. on Jul 17, 2008 2:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also noticed one more thing that on executing startsap or stopsap its not calling startdb or stopdb.

I also checked but permissions are Ok and its also not showing any error like while its not able to start.

Shivam Mittal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I strongly advise against changing any part of the configuration before contacting a well-informed Unix sysadmin first, preferably one that was involved in installing the system.

From your virtual hostname I gather that you may be in a clustered environment. In this case you may be not supposed to use startsap or startdb at all, but cluster scripts instead.

regards