SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISU Technical Master Data in CRM WebClient

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on integrating CRM Webclient and ISU. We have all the Technical master data created in ISU. I'm currently not able to see the technical master data through CRM. I went through some of the documentation available on market place etc, where it was mentioned that we could download SI_CONNOBJ and SI_POD objects through R3AS. From maintenance point of view we want to keep minimal data in CRM. So, I want to know if we should download Connection Object data into CRM or is there any alternative ?

Any views are greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance..

MV

4 REPLIES 4

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Depending on your priorities (most amount of standard SAP, less data in CRM, ...) you could opt to create RFC calls to ISU to retrieve all data you do not wish to replicate to CRM.

This of course means more custom development, so again, it's a question of preferences and priorities...

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for reply.

Our requirement and priority is to avoid redundancy of data. Due to this, we wanted to replicate minimum data to CRM system from ISU.

I went through some of the notes on market place where it is mentioned that replication of technical master data is not mandatory. We have ISU and CRM RFC connection already established, still I'm not able to view ISU technical

master objects in CRM.

Having said that, I wanted to know, if we do not replicate the technical master data (Connection Object, Premise and Device data) to CRM, can we still carry out the ISU functionalities through webclient interface? Or, am I missing any further configuration settings, to make use of technical master data in WebClient screen.

Please advise.

Regards,

MV

0 Kudos

Having said that, I wanted to know, if we do not replicate the technical master data (Connection Object, Premise and Device data) to CRM, can we still carry out the ISU functionalities through webclient interface? Or, am I missing any further configuration settings, to make use of technical master data in WebClient screen.

From what I've heard of the new webclient, you need to replicate the TMD in order to launch actions on them in CRM (in contrary to the WinClient in CRM 5.0). So in that case, you're left with no other option than a full replication...

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can work without replicating the technical master data into CRM from ISU. you will need to use the util_lean profile for webclient in order to use the ISU premise and technical object information.

if u are using the util profile for webclient you will need to download technical objects into CRM from ISU. its a very simple setting for downloading technical objects. simply refer to the technical object replication guide from sap for the same.