Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU24 changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

we are in the process of a implementation project. we are making changes in SU24 and it is updating USOBT table instead of USOBT_C.

I wanted to know what can go wrong in the long run if we update USOBT instead of USOBT_C..

And also want to know how to switch SU24 changes to update USOBT_C table

Parveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parveen,

I didn't think it was possible to use the Non *_C tables directly. If you are sure it is updating USOBT directly, check SU25 to see if Step 1 was ever perfromed. If it was not, make note of the changes you already made to USOBT and run step 1 in SU25. Then make those changes again in SU24.

Be careful: If you have already run Step 1 and made SU24 changes, running Step 1 again will overwrite all the changes you made are refill the Customer tables (*_C) with the SAP defaults. All of your previous changes will be lost.

Two things come to mind off the top of my head with not using *_C tables:

1) PFCG runs based on the *_C tables and SU24. Not using the _C tables defeats much of the benefit of using SU24 with PFCG.

2) Unless your changes are saved in the customer table *_C tables, you run the risk of SAP changing SU24 values in the NonCustomer tables during an upgrade and you won't know what they are / were without doing additional table comparisons. Values will definitely be added, but more importantly values are also removed or changed. Furthermore, not using the *_C tables could impact other SU25 steps causing further unnecessary complications during the next upgrade.

I would maintain the SU24 values and *_C tables. I went through an upgrade where SU24 values were not maintained and that caused additional, significant, unnecessary complications. In addition, if you ever do an SoD project, SU24, properly used, will help ensure you remove all auths associated with each TCode.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What changes you are making in SU24?

Regards,

FAisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Not suer about your first doubt but for Copying the tables you can make use of transanction SU25, which will copy the data from USOBX and USOBT to respective Customer tables.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Parveen,

I didn't think it was possible to use the Non *_C tables directly. If you are sure it is updating USOBT directly, check SU25 to see if Step 1 was ever perfromed. If it was not, make note of the changes you already made to USOBT and run step 1 in SU25. Then make those changes again in SU24.

Be careful: If you have already run Step 1 and made SU24 changes, running Step 1 again will overwrite all the changes you made are refill the Customer tables (*_C) with the SAP defaults. All of your previous changes will be lost.

Two things come to mind off the top of my head with not using *_C tables:

1) PFCG runs based on the *_C tables and SU24. Not using the _C tables defeats much of the benefit of using SU24 with PFCG.

2) Unless your changes are saved in the customer table *_C tables, you run the risk of SAP changing SU24 values in the NonCustomer tables during an upgrade and you won't know what they are / were without doing additional table comparisons. Values will definitely be added, but more importantly values are also removed or changed. Furthermore, not using the *_C tables could impact other SU25 steps causing further unnecessary complications during the next upgrade.

I would maintain the SU24 values and *_C tables. I went through an upgrade where SU24 values were not maintained and that caused additional, significant, unnecessary complications. In addition, if you ever do an SoD project, SU24, properly used, will help ensure you remove all auths associated with each TCode.

0 Kudos

Hi

You are right changes were automatically made in USOBT_C table... Thanks a ton for providing clarification...

Parveen