cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide assignments from uwl iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that, we need to do assignment of a task to the next level user from UWL. I MDM data manager I have seen assignment. shall we provide the same in uwl or not. If it is possible, please give me the process to do this.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Mahi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

I have a requirement that, we need to do assignment of a task to the next level user from UWL. I MDM data manager I have seen assignment. shall we provide the same in uwl or not. If it is possible, please give me the process to do this.

- As in the case of MDM.If we design a workflow within MDM with diffrent steps eg Start->Process->Approve->Stop.Then we have the option to assign each of this task to either a specific User or a Role in general in the workflow Visio.Then when the workflow is triggered the task moves from 1 user to the other based on who is assgned to perform which task.

Each assigned user performs his task and the workflow completes step by step.

Now if you want to replicate this same process through EP you can use eithre

- UWL

- Guided Pocedures

Using UWL is a comparatively simplier process.It will replicate the entire MDM workflow on the portal in the similar fashion so that the user will have a Web interface and single point of inputting.

Hope It Helped

Kindly Reward POints If Found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

nitin_mahajan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Simona/Jitesh, i think mahi is askign about calling MDM assignments from UWL list.

like if a requestor creates a request and the before the approval, the approver needs to execute an assigment on MDM, is it possible to do it on UWL?

I too have a similar requirement, but i am making my workflows in GP, so is there any Java API available to call MDM data manager assignments through Web Dynpro?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for delay, bcoz I am stuck up with my work. I would like to explain you my requirement once again.

for example consider there is one create vendor application.

1 .The requestor fill the details in form and submit. It'll trigger the workflow.

2. the administrator will see the tasks in UWL and he wants to assign to right person to process the request from a group of people.

3. in our workflow we have designed assingment, but the assignee has to be select from UWL.

this is my exact requirement. Please give me some idea for this.

Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

Your requirement can be achieved using MDM Workflows. But the only problem is with the Assignment. Assign step in MDM Workflow is implicit i.e. you cannot assign users to that step.

Your workflow should be like this:

Start -> Process1 -> Process2 -> Process3 -> Assign -> Stop

Process1 -> will contain the user who is responsible to fill the data

Process2 -> User should be Administrator

Process3 -> Assigne Users{User1, User2, User3} and Execution Type = Any Single (Administrator will get the list of users and he can select any one from User 1,2 or 3)

Assign -> Assignment you want to execute.

Hope you will get the idea.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

Kindly update us...

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Thank you for your valuable information. Actually MDM UWL connector is not working properly, so that we have raised oss msg. They are investigating on that. Once after getting the solution I'll check and update. I think you got my requirement, My doubt here is, can we provide drop down list in uwl for assignees?

Thanks & Regards,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

Yes it is possible to display the list of assignes in UWL iView (but not drop down) and Administrator can select any user for performing the task.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you verymuch for your support. Now I am able to do assignments from uwl.

Regards,

Mahi

namrata_d
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

I am not clear about your question. Do u have the requirement to assign a particular step to a user

or do you need to send the workflow step to next step and to a different user?

Thanks

Namrata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM UWL provides the functionality of accessing MDM Workflows through portal.

In your case you need to design the workflow like

Start -> Process -> Approve -> Process -> Stop

where Process and Approve steps can have multiple users assigned. Also it gives the option of selecting users from the available users for that step to whom the task to be assigned i.e. once the workflow is initiated controls goes to the first step (Process step in case of above workflow) and say the next step (Approve step) has multiple users assigned to it then when you want to move the workflow further it displays all the users you have mentioned in the Approve step and you can select any user to whom you want to assign this Approve task.

For complete information on MDM Workflows please refer the below link

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/e0615f82b40a2ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Go to Record Mode -> MDM Workflows

Reward if found useful

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

MDM data manager ,"Assignment" is diff from The assignment what r u thinking.The Data manager assignment is to write any value in the tables :-fields etc.It is not for assignment of tasks.U can use workflow for this purpose in this u can mention the users withy respective tasks (for any thing)>Just try workflows for the purpose.

Rgds

Ankit