cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM error 40134 in Interactive Planning on SCM 5.0 Support Pack SAPKY50011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I finished a system copy from our APO PRD to QAS.

Now, I encounter a COM error 40134 in Interactive Planning.

Our system is SCM 5.0 support pack SAPKY50011.

I found an entry posted on the forum last year with the same error,

and I have follow the suggestions:

- restart both APO and liveCache servers

- run consistency checks: all checks consistent with no error

- there were 2 OSS notes, but these are for lower version than 5.0

Still, the error is exist.

Can anyone help. Please.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistant.

Elizabeth

Edited by: elizabeth ly on Jul 17, 2008 2:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tibor_nagy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Elizabeth,

COM error 40134 means "Key figure does not exist".

The reason might be that you have added or deleted one or more

keyfigures?!

However now the root cause is not to locate after the event.

That means there is an inconsistency between the key figure(s) descriptions in liveCache and in the database key figure(s) of the planning area.

The solution would be to de- and initialize the relevant planning area.

CAUTION: This will delete the time series.

So since any existing planning data will be lost, you will need to backup the planning area data to a backup - infocube and then retrieve it after the subsequent (re-)initialisation using transaction /SAPAPO/TSCUBE, i.e. you reload the data from the back-up cube.

This should solve the issue.

Regards,

Tibor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor,

I do see the msg /SAPAPO/TSM298 (There is an inconsisteny between the key figure descriptions in liveCache and in the database.)

as result of running /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK.

I feel terribly bad because you already provide the solution in your respond,

unfortunately, our company is very new on APO, I am quite new with APO, we just went live, and none of us know APO well enough.

Would you please help one more time to give a detail steps

on how to:

(1) de-initialize and re-initialize the planning area and

(2) backup the planning area to backup infocube

before I can /SAPAPO/TSCUBE

Once again, thank you so much Tibor and everyone for your time and help.

Many thanks.

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What Tibor explained could be a viable cause. De-initializing and initializing a planning area is a big deal.

When we had situations of keyfigure not being recognized and an alternative action could help you.

If you are in V5, go to your planning area and in menu?Extras?Chnage Keyfigure settings. Press yes to go into changes.

Now make any change in the key figure properties, like checking or unchecking something like "Zeros allowed" or chnage the number of decimal places or something and click on execute.

You have to get the prompt saying "Changes made to planning area, do you want to activate" or else your change is not enough.

When you click yes, the planning area gets locked and the system synchronizes the database with the key figure properties.

This can get rid of your inconsistency.

if you don't want a change in planning area, remember it so that you can set it back and after the execution. Then you have to execute again. the idea is to run that synchronization.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

If it is just key figure descriptions not matching, my solution definitely works. I gave the details too in the other post.

In case you should go for deinitialization,

Alternative to your backup, if you have another planning version defined in the system, then you can copy the data to that version, deinit your planning area for that version and reinitialize it. Copy the data back. This is easier and simple to do for you.

Here are the steps:

1. If you didn't create a new planning version in transaction /SAPAPO/MVM

2. Go to /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, right click on your planning area and initialize your planning area for the new version and same horizon as you did for the other version you are currently using.

Just to check and be safe, once the init is completed, right click on the planning area and select the last option in the list "Initialized planning versions". You should now see both your current planning version and the new one you just created with the same time horizon.

3. Once the init is done, go to transaction /SAPAPO/VERCOP

Enter your current version as the source version and enter your new version as the target and select the check box "Copy Master and Transaction Data also". Select your planning area in the list of planning areas.

This process takes a lot of time as it is copying the whole version time series data.

4. Once the copy done, compare your numbers in both the versions in your planning book (transaction /SAPAPO/SDP94

5. Now go to /SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN, right click on your planning area and de-initialize your planning area for the current version.

6. Now reinitialize it back int he same screen.

7. Go to go to transaction /SAPAPO/VERCOP and do the same you did it before but the source and destination are swapped.

Enter your new version as the source version and enter your current version as the target and select the check box "Copy Master and Transaction Data also". Select your planning area in the list of planning areas.

8. After you are done, compare the numbers in both the versions in planning book again. They have to be exact same.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Sorry for the delay. Just want to send a thank you note for yours and everyone's time and kind assistant to help us resolve our issue.

Sincerely appreciated.

Thank you again.

Elizabeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the COM build you are using is the latest and compatible with the Live cache and the hardware? You may have to upgrade your COM build.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this on a SNP planing book?

does your SNP planning area have time series??

Have you reinitialized all the planning areas??