cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW <-> XI - Transport Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have developed successfully the integration between XI and BW (through an ABAP Proxy).

But I have a problem, when I transport the function module generated to another server (for testing), they changed the name. So when de proxy want to call them, they didn't found the RFCs.

Because the testing server is closed for modification, I can't change de name; and, I don't think it is a valid solution for this kind of problem.

Anyone knows how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>So when de proxy want to call them, they didn't found the RFCs.

Here i m assuming that you are calling a function module from within the proxy,and due to transport the name of RFC has changed hence proxy is unable to call the correct FM.

Ideally speaking you should have the same name for FM in all the systems,but a way around can be to implement a logic in your proxy where you call FM based upon the IP address,system ID and system number,since this will be unique for every system,so when you have the proxy in Dev,it will call the FM which is residing in Dev system,similarly when you move this proxy for QA,then based upon IP,system ID and system number,other FM will be called(the one residing in QA).similarly for Prd

Thanx

Aamir

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Aamirs's suggestion is worth the shot.

using the system ID, in the proxy code have your if statement to call the Corresponding Dev, QA or PRD FM

psedo code;

If (SY-SYSID = R3DEV)

call FMDEV

else if (SY-SYSID = R3QA)

call FMQA

else

call FMPRD

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you will have to maintain the same FM name across DEV, QA and PRD.