cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in binding the context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a table in a view, and i have bound the text property of columns. Now when i want to delete the binding and try to bind with some other attribute its not allowing me to do that. It says..'Error in binding the context'

Pls suggest..

Edited by: WDAbap on Jul 16, 2008 11:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I was unable to recreate the error message that you saw. I was able to directly change the binding to another attribute or delete it altogether.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even i cannot delete the binding by clicking 'delete context binding' button. If i click this button, my element remains bound.

The only option which work is, delete the element and create again...but i can't do this for the big list of elements.

Pls suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this happen to.

The deletion of the context binding happens actually. Its just not reflected.

Try this:

Delete the context binding

Save (Unbinding and binding without intermediate save gives the message "Error in binding context".

Go to Display Mode

Change back to Edit Mode

Check the element for which the binding was deleted.

You will now see that the context binding has been removed

So the next time you delete the context, simply save it and proceed to bind a new context node to the element. Although the change wont be reflected on the element, the rebinding would have happened eitherways.

Cheers,

Puja

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> I have seen this happen to.

>

> The deletion of the context binding happens actually. Its just not reflected.

>

> Try this:

> Delete the context binding

> Save (Unbinding and binding without intermediate save gives the message "Error in binding context".

> Go to Display Mode

> Change back to Edit Mode

> Check the element for which the binding was deleted.

> You will now see that the context binding has been removed

>

> So the next time you delete the context, simply save it and proceed to bind a new context node to the element. Although the change wont be reflected on the element, the rebinding would have happened eitherways.

>

> Cheers,

> Puja

OK that doesn't sound like that sould be the offical solution. I would suggest you open a support ticket and/or search for an existing note. Surely this is not normal functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's not the official solution, but for the time being it works. Thanks Puja.

Answers (0)