Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem FTP Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with this problem:

I've configured and FTP adapter to put file onto a directory however though the connection parameters are set correctly the files are not delivered on the directory.

Note adapter setting:

Connection mode - per file transfer

Transfer mode - binary

Put file - direct.

Message <b>Attempt to process file failed with java.lang.Exception: ftp access error: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.</b> is reported in the message log. Occasionally a message is delivered to the directory.

Has someone encountered the same problem. What was the solution applied?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using port 21 or 22?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where using port 21.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the FTP sever does not have issues with Firewall or a Proxy server access. You can test it by creating a file manually in the FTP folder from out of the FTP network.

Also, did you verify that the specified FTP user ID has the necessary WRITE or overwrite authorization?

Hope this helps,

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

"Connection closed; transfer aborted." is the description for FTP status code 426.

The reason being "The command opens a data connection to perform an action, but that action is canceled, and the data connection is closed."

Solution:

This might be a problem with Firewall settings.

Try switching between Active Mode / Passive Mode. This is because multiple connections to the FTP host are made based on the mode you select and might not be permitted by your firewall.

Disk space problem.

Regards,

Amol

PS: Kindly reward points if you find the answer helpful.

Message was edited by: Amol Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I didn't get this type of error.But you please check-->

1. Whether Ftp service is running on the receiver system.

2.If running , just try by changing the Connection mode to permanently.If it works then you can start finding out the error.

regards,

Gowtham K.