Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating user - not authorized to assign profiles or roles

george_hamilton
Participant
0 Kudos

I have configured CUA according to the help.sap.com instructions. I am getting this error (in TCODE SCUL)..

+You are not authorized to assign profiles

Message no. 01589

You are not authorized to assign profiles to users or to cancel the authorization.+

I can create the user, change the address data, and initial password.

I get errors on assigning to a group, parameters, or the role and profiles.

We are on NW Mobile 7.1 (ABAP stack only) SP05.

I've read Note "492589 - CUA: Minimum authorizations for communications users."

It mentions SP07. Is this not compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should start a system trace (ST01) on authorizations in the CUA child(ren) and then try to redistribute the Idocs or change another user from the CUA master.

The trace results may point you to the exact authorization problems/failures and tell you what roles to give to your communications user.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should start a system trace (ST01) on authorizations in the CUA child(ren) and then try to redistribute the Idocs or change another user from the CUA master.

The trace results may point you to the exact authorization problems/failures and tell you what roles to give to your communications user.

0 Kudos

Run SU53 (immediately after you receive the error message) and check which authorizations that failed. You probably miss S_USER_PRO with activity 01 or 02 from your own roles.

Regards,

Trond

0 Kudos

> Run SU53 (immediately after you receive the error message) and check which authorizations that failed. You probably miss S_USER_PRO with activity 01 or 02 from your own roles.

I think that will not work in his situation. The errors show up in SCUL so they may come from one or more of the CUA children. Running SU53 in the CUA master will (if that is the case) not provide the necessary info.

0 Kudos

Well, in that case, start a trace in the child system which yields the message, or check the rights (roles, profiles) of the RFC user used to execute the work in the child system. If the issue occurs on the receiving end in SCUL, it's likely to be a problem with the RFC user assigned to the task in that system.

Regards,

Trond

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.