cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no WebAS console output in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can someone tell me how i can see the console output of SAP WebAS JAVA in the console view of NWDS?

I want to display the content of some variables with System.put.println()

Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

1) Go to Visual administrator> Log Configuration.

2) Go to the 'System' node. You will see System.out and System.err nodes.

3) Set a suitable severity level for the nodes.

4) Save the settings. Now the system.out.println() will come in the default.trc (Folder: usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\log)

Regards,

Anup.

Note: If found useful, please reward points.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i tried the first possibility. I changed the system.out and i can see all System.out.println() in default.trc. But after calling the Application two times i can not see the System.out.println()in default.trc further more. Is there any Chaching turned on?

Thanks Martin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and how can i use this new logfile in a special applcation? I do not understand the coding for Logging API. Can you give me a simple example, that i can use in my code?

I have to use this spezial controler, but i do not know how?

Thanks Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are to Map the file in the log configuration then any sysout will drop the details in this file.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/31/2ee9cc7f5a404aa522d335b17d3d15/content.htm

if you want to have a logger inbuilt with your application (Web application) then you can go for log4j

Regards,

S.Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is working,but ist it possible to save System.out.println() in a dedicated log

Thanks Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/de/30/530607e0262a44b3a0030dfba35e15/content.htm

This will help you to control all the parameters..

Regards,

S.Divakar