cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing to Zebra Label Printers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to configure my environment (ECC 6.0) to be able to print SmartForms generated labels to Zebra Label Printers. I have followed notes 750002 and 750772 to download the device types and upload them into my system. However I cannot find any documentation on cnfiguring my outqueues on the iSeries, nor can I find documents on the SPAD config.

Right now, I have bypassed the iSeries outqueue, and used Host Spool Method 'U' with the I.P. address of the printer in the Destination Host parameter.

When I release a label to print, it shows successful in SP01, however nothing ever prints.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much,

Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is your printer is attached to windows host?

is sapsprint or saplpd is running on your print server?

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

No, it is not attached to a Windows Printer Server. I am trying it 2 different ways.

1) creating a remote outq on the iSeries with workstation customizing object: QWPDEFAULT and Remote printer queue . . . . . . '/prt1', and using Access Method 'C' in spad.

2) Using Access Method 'U' in spad and using the I.P. address as well as the printer 'name' I find when I telnet directly into the Zebra's 'internal' printer server.

Forgive me if I am not using the correct terminology.

Thanks,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) creating a remote outq on the iSeries with workstation customizing object: QWPDEFAULT and Remote printer queue . . . . . . '/prt1', and using Access Method 'C' in spad.

-> are you able to print from AS400 server using this settings?

i have not much idea about remote outq on the iSeries , you check following might helps you

http://www.brooksnet.com/faq/201-01.html

2) Using Access Method 'U' in spad and using the I.P. address as well as the printer 'name' I find when I telnet directly into the Zebra's 'internal' printer server.

-> for access method U saplpd or sapsprint should be running on host where printer is attached.

regards,

kaushal

Answers (0)