cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP multiple instances on Linux box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz specify any documents and sugeestion needed as I like to install Solution manager and ECC 6.0 on the same box as it has enough memory and I tried to install it, and had problems due to network

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_dietz
Explorer
0 Kudos

At least you have to use different system numbers. If you use 00 for both systems you will encounter "network problems" because the systems want to use the same tcp ports.

For your database installation the same is valid. You have to ensure that both databases can co-exist. For MaxDB this should work out of the box.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

thomas_valentini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

You could use XEN to virtualize your box.

XEN doesn't need much power (<15%) for itself and you have separated systems that run isolated on one physical box.

For more information see Note 962334.

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi ravi,

Refer thi sap note

153835 - Starting Multiple tnslsnr on same server

98252 - Installing two Oracle databases on a host

This may provide some information.

regards

chandru

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that you want an mcod-installation. Or do you want multiple instances in one database? don't think so...

What's your problem when installing SolMan and ECC 6.0 on one Server. Explain, what you are installing. ABAP for ECC 6.0, ABAP+JAVA for Solution Manager, Database for SolMan and ECC 6.0... ????

When does the problem appear? Installation of SolMan, ECC? There are so many situations ;o)

regards,

Martin

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is referred to as a MCOD installation. See http://service.sap.com/mcod for further information and also consult the install guide of your particular solution http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Bare in mind there is a lot more than memory needed for a MCOD install. You are also going to need a good storage solution for backing up and restoring the data of combined systems. If there is an issue with the database or it needs to be updated all systems will be effected. Only Unicode is supported for MCOD systems and you will need to combine the CPU requirements of all components.

Regards,

Nelis