cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM-MDM 2.0 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but I am having trouble finding a clear and concise answer.

Firstly, we have decided to implement the latest version of MDM. I noticed that I could not see MDM 5.5 available for download at service marketplace and presumed this was due to a licensing issue. It then came to my attention that what we actually needed was SRM-MDM 2.0. I presume we can use SRM-MDM without having to install core MDM?

I have download and installed SRM-MDM CATALOG 2.0 SP01 which includes the MDM Server and Import Server. I have also created a blank database and installed the MDM client components. I have deployed the SCA files for the API / connector and search / configuration UI on to the SRM Web AS Java instance. I am able to successfully mount the MDM server in the MDM console and connect to the database.

I then discovered that we needed to install the latest patches SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 SP03 Patch04. I uninstalled the previous MDM Server and Import Server before running the new installation. However, I found that when trying to mount the server I was getting a "crc error" (cyclic redundancy check). I suspect this is because there are other patches to be installed somewhere or deploying newer SCA files on the Web AS Java.

Not only can I not locate these files to download but I have been unable to find the appropriate documentation to guide me through the process. I have looked at the MDM 5.5 SP06.pdf, SRM-MDM Catalog Configuration Guide.pdf, and SAP Note 1057316. I have installed variety of SAP systems but I find the documentation for SAP MDM is simply shocking!

Please can someone point me in the direction where I may find the SRM-MDM installation, configuration and patching guides?

Thanks in advance.

James

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upgrade the version of your MDM Console, then after mounting the server 'update' your repository with a right click (if update option is in grey you are allready on a good version) .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello James,

You can download the business content from the Service Market Place via mentioned below link:

https://service.SAP.com/swdc

then select Download>Support Packages and Patches> u201CEntry By Application Groupu201D --> SAP Application Components --> SRM Catalog --> SRM-MDM CATALOG --> SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 and download the Business Content for SRM-MDM Catalog according the OS.

With this business content, you will get also all the installable for MDM (MDM Server, Import Server and all required MDM GUI Client for SRM-MDM Catalog)

Just install the MDM by the installable which you will get in the Business Content of SRM-MDM Catalog because the business content contains some scar files also which need to be deployed on WAS are dependant on the MDM Server version and these files should be compitable with the MDM Server.

Also only deploy the scar files which you will get this business content otherwise there will be a non-compitable issue with these file.

OR

You can also refer the SAP Note:

Version mapping SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 to SAP MDM 5.5--> 1083126

I hope it will definately solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you verified your download with md5 sum? These errors may come when there is any error in download. md5sum check will remove that possibility.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viv,

Can u throw some light on MD5 sum..how to check with it.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

We are also facing exactly the same issue. Have you got any answer or resolution for this. Please revert if you have got anything on this.

Thanks

Rakesh