cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass local transport request change to Particular Target Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

we have like 150+ local transport request and now we are looking to do mass changes to Particular transport request server? any programs that would do this? or any other way?

Thanks in advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

edit: First and foremost, backup your DB!!

1. Get downtime for the system. It's just not smart moving in that many chagnes w/ the system running.

2. Shut the system down. Lock all the users (you can do this via updating USR02, set UFLAG = 64).

3. Backup the current buffer file: should be in the trans\buffer folder. Delete it afterwards.

3. Start SAP.

4. Copy and paste the transports into a spread, generate a list that looks like this:

tp pf=
sharepath\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL addtobuffer <transport> <SID>

Run this in order, make sure the transport dependencies are correct in order.

After this, you should have generated a large buffer, with all the 150+ transports, in order they are to be into the system.

5. Run tp IMPORT ALL <SID> CLIENT=### u12356 pf=
networkshare\TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL

This will move all 150+ changes into the system at once.

6. Unlock users, restart SAP system.

Edited by: Kevin Lin on Jul 16, 2008 7:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you information.

This looks like more of...adding transport to buffer and then importing all 150+ transport at OS level. I do not want to do this now. I want to change the Local Transport Request to Particular Transport Server, so we can transport these transports.

Kumar

Former Member

Maybe I can answer my own questions:

We did it through SQL Query:

select TRFUNCTION, TRKORR, TARSYSTEM from sapsr3.e070 where TARSYSTEM=' ' and TRKORR like 'ECP%' and (TRFUNCTION='W' or TRFUNCTION='K') ;

update sapsr3.e070 set TARSYSTEM='GROUP_NAME' where TARSYSTEM=' ' and TRKORR like 'ECP%' and (TRFUNCTION='W' or TRFUNCTION='K');

dsanland
Discoverer
0 Kudos

14 years later and the sql worked like a charm, thanks