cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RNIF Adapter: Element type "DateTimeStamp" must be declared

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Trying to send and receive an RosettaNet Message (PIP3B2) with PI 7.1. Log Viewer gives me the following Error Descriptions.

Could not create response message. Reason: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Non recoverable error occured while unpacking the message Nested exception is : Error while setting the content to the RNIF message object

-

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageFormatException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "DateTimeStamp" must be declared.

Responding with HTTP 500.

DateTimeStamp occurs twice in the Message. Once in the service header, once at the end of the message. Both fields are filled with valid values. What else might be the problem?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where r u getting these error messages? Wht does RWB communication channel monitoring say? Are u able to receive the message till sxmb_moni? Too many questions

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. One additional info, I don't know whether it matters: For testing purposes I'm sending from one PI sytem to the very same PI system.

Prateek,

For the sending system, SXMB_MONI says everything is ok.

Communication Channel Monitoring for the sending Channel says "Transmitting the message to endpoint http://xxxx:xxxx/MessagingSystem/receive/RNIFAdapter/RNIF using connection RNIF11Adapter failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Received HTTP response code 500.."

The Message doesn't reach the receiving channel or sxmb_moni on the receiving part.

The error message stated above is from Log Viewer (General View, Last 24 Hours (Java).

There it says Login OK and the next line is the stated error.

Progirl,

The dtd was neither in this directory nor somewhere else in the installation path. However I now copied it into this directory, but the result didn't change. Maybe there's some kind of caching issue or anything else I could check?

Regards,

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also tried restarting the complete system, so it shouldn't be some kind of caching error.

Anyone has some additional ideas?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to correct my first posting. The first occurence of DateTimeStamp is not in the Service Header, but in the PREAMBLE.

<!DOCTYPE Preamble SYSTEM "PreamblePartMessageGuideline.dtd" ><Preamble><DateTimeStamp>20080717T074604.541Z</DateTimeStamp>

As DateTimeStamp is the first Element in the XML Structure, I guess maybe the dtd isn't found? But I think the Preamble DTD is part of the Adapter and doesn't have to be imported somewhere, does it? What else could be the problem?

Regards

Michael

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PreamblePartMessageGuideline.dtd

please check if the dtd is present in server0 folder of your installation... i.e usr/sap/....server0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

anyone has an idea whats the problem?

Maybe the dtd is not found or something like that? How can i check that?

Regards,

Michael