Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock reservations fo specific customers

adilson_ferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a scenario that we call KEY-ACCOUNT. In this scenario, we have some customers that have priority of delivery against other customers.

We only deliver from stock (MTS) and when a Sales Order is created, the customer tells us that it needs the full quantity available at that date. For us it is no problem to produce that amount of products in time but we must avoid other customers to take away some customer specific stock. I am looking for a solution to 'reserve' that amount of stock for that specific customer to be available at that specific date.

I created a reservation (movement type 231), so I created a sales order with future delivery date. Unfortunately the stock can still be assigned to other customers/sales orders... (I was expecting that only sales orders from customer XXX could use this reserved stock...).

Do you know if reservations can be used for this purpose? Is there a way to reserve quantity for a specific customer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Adilson Ferreira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

That is controlled by the movement type.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is the common practice..then you should look into Availability check against Product allocation.

If this is required only occassionally...then one idea is to follow consignment process..

Create the Consignment fillup now and the stock will be maintained as a special stock against this customer

Whenever you want to bill that customer, create the consignment issue.

Though this process doesn't fulfill your requirement exactly, you can explore the possibilities in this direction also.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

U can reserve stock for sales orders which u have created. For this please go to OVZ9 availability check settings t.code there u dont tick mark the sales requirement..

So that when u are creating other orders then system will not consider these stock of already created orders...

Regards

sankar

adilson_ferreira
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

But, when I post the Goods Issue related to this Sales Order, the system is not releasing the quantity of the Reserved Stock. It releases only the Unrestricted Use stock.

Is there any way to release this reserved stock when I post GI?

Regards,

Adilson