cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML to XSD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

if I get an XML (as a file), and I would like to map it to an RFC, I know I can do it with Java/ABAP mapping or XSLT. my Q is if it is possible to get the XML, build a suitable XSD Schema and put it in the Message Mapping source and the XSD will know how to get the XML and convert it in to object?

Thanks

Kfir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YOu can build a sxd file out of XML file using XML tools like XML SPy and COOKTOP.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=432044

Former Member
0 Kudos

can I use it in the Massege Mapping to get the XML when it enter to the XI and it will do the Mapping?

with out using JAVA\ABAP Mapping or XSLT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The XSD that you will be creating will act like a message type. It will basically ensure that XML message that comes in is valid. In order to map the incoming source message to an RFC target you will have to do a mapping either graphical, XSLT, Java or ABAP.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

if your questions is to test the message mapping via XSD(not via XML) then i guess its not possible,i just tried it with XSD and its not working.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

but still, I know that the XSD will be in the MT will check that the XML us Valid.

in the Message Mapping I will use the MT to do a graphical mapping to the RFC?

Aamir, is this what you did and it didnt work?

Thanks

Kfir

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thanks for the information.

> but still, I know that the XSD will be in the MT will check that the XML us Valid.

> in the Message Mapping I will use the MT to do a graphical mapping to the RFC?

It will work if you use it the way you have mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i have a graphical message mapping,i copied the XSD for the source structure(from external definition) and pasted that under the test tab and run the test.

The issue i got was that the root node of receiver side,which is mapped to the root node of sender is not getting generated hence the error.

Thanx

Aamir

Answers (0)