cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for IT developer and Change manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In charm configuartion i have perofrmed all the configuration steps and also succefully checked the flow for urgent correction and normal correction. but i checked all these workflows with sap_all authorisation> everthing went fine.

Now in the final phase i want to restrict the IT developers to imports the request in to Production system.

As per the standard roles

SAP_CM_CHANGE_MANAGER_COMP

SAP_CM_DEVELOPER_COMP

SAP_CM_TESTER_COMP

SAP_CM_OPERATOR_COMP

SAP_CM_PRODUCTION_COMP

SAP_SOCM_REQUESTER

In the mentioned above roles 2,3 and 5 i gave to the it deeveloper. But its not working for me. After authorisation gave by change manager for the request as a developer he needs to chagne the status as development then he need to proceed further. But in my case its not working. It shows 2 warning message and hence statsu is not changing to development.

Warning are :

1. The current user status has been reset by the system.

2. The task list was not created successfully in SAP Change Manager or the task list is not active.

So, please suggest me with your valubale points adn what roles i want to assign to the it developer.

FYI: if i give sap_all its working fine

Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vijay,

Please check this URL http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/68/613542e454b104e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Check this SAP NOTE

Note 881553 - Roles for Change Request Management (SAP Solution Man 7.0)

I have configured CHARM based on these roles only, it is working fine for me. But you may need to add some authorization objects in these roles or activate some authorization objects.

You can find the particular authorization object using the tcode:su53. After the error pops up, execute this tcode in the same session, it will show because of which authorization object the action failed.

regards

Naveen kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am trying to configure the CHARM in my company but facing a lot of challenges as I am new to SolMan. Would really appreciate if you can send CHARM configuation docs if you have any .

yogesh1782 at gmail

Thanks a lot

YG