Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit check problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I am facing problem with credit check.

I have maintained same configuration setting in Production & Development Servers. But even then when i make order in Production i don't get Credit check while if i creat order in Development i get credit check.

I am not able to understand where the problem is.

Pls help.

Answers will be rewarded.

Pls reply as matter is Urgent.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

It seems to be that in production server there might be possiblity of customer payement. If cusotmer clears his payment then credit limit value will be increased so that it is not showing any warning in produciton server..

And the same may be not done in development and there might be n number of orders which are created for this custoemr in development that is the reason credit limit still will be zero so that it is populating warning message...

Also check deviation or tolrence field in OVA8 t.code for both the servers...

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankar,

The problem is solved & your guidence helped me to solve it.

The problem was if the customer is new and for old customer if his payment is made & a/c is cleared then the system did not performed the credit check.

Now i want to apply credit check for new customer as well as to those customers for whom credit is maintained. Also the system should generate the credit check if credit limit is 0 & credit exposed is also 0. In short all the orders have to go through credit check.

Pls guide.

Previous answer is rewarded.

Once again thanks.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

To have default Credit limit as zero or a fixed amount for all new Customers do the following:

IMG - Enterprise Structure - Definition - Financial accounting - Define Credit Control area - select your Credit control area & maintain Risk Category, Credit limit & Rep. Group.

This would make sure that all Customers & Sales Orders go thru Credit check.

Risk Category & Credit Representative group can be defined at - IMG - Fin Accounting - Accounts Rec & Accounts Payable - Credit Management - Credit control account...

Hope this helps...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

98700 10230

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Jul 17, 2008 3:04 PM

Edited by: Jignesh Mehta on Jul 17, 2008 3:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jignesh,

Will this solve my problem with new customer only or all the customers who's credit limit is 0 & exposure is also 0.

your previous answer is rewarded

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailendra,

You basic concern is every Sales Order should go thru Credit check, whether the Customer is existing or new.

Now for the existing Customers you have already mentioned some Credit limit be it zero or some fixed amount. So Sales orders of these existing Customer would go thru credit check...

Now for new Customers, the system would automatically set the default Credit Limit as the amount you set in Credit Control Area (be it 0 or fixed amount). Thus even new Customer's Sales Orders would go thru Credit check.

In case you set the default Credit limit as zero, then you will have to change the credit limit in FD32 before system allows to create any new Sales Orders.

Hope this clears your doubt...

Reward if useful...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

98700 10230

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That what i am suggesting if you want to do credit check for new customers even the credit exposure is 0 then u have to activate maxmium document value and acitivate that field also in OVA8 automatic credit check.

For example if u put maximum document values as 100000 in OVA8 and credit exposure is 0 for new customer then while raising sales order if order value is exceeding 100000 then it will do credit check...

Hope u have under stood...

Let us know if you have any issues..

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you want to do credit check for new customers then in OVA8 there u have to maintain and activate document value which will be considered for new customers and also properly maintain risk category, credit control area in payer customer master record..

If u want to do check for all orders then please assign credit group as 01 in VOV8 document type funcitionaliyt..

Credit check message will only come when customer exceed the credit limit while sales order processing.. not every time..

Hope u have understood, if u have questions please let us know..

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankar.

My major concern was for the new customer & those whose credit exposure in 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That credit limit 0 is in both Dev and Production same 0 only. Please confirm this. If it is zero that means customer already reached the credit limit and u will be not able to create any document furthere for the same customer based on settings you have done in credit check..

Please check VOV8 settings in both credit group and credit check is it same ?

If u are using automatic credit check then please look into OVA8 t.code settings and compare all in both the servers..

Let me know if any of these settings differes from one server to other server...

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

All Setting

Sales Doc Type

Item Category

Credit Setting in IMG- Basic Function - Credit Management

are same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In development server, that customer credit limit might have exceeded thats the reason it is doing credit block..

Please check FD33 condition record for the same customer in both Produciton and Development..

Let us know the credit limit and credit limit used..

And also tell me what error u are getting in developmet..

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sankar,

credit limit - 0

and credit limit used - 999.99%

I have checked this in fd33 for customers in production. i made the same in Dev and tried creating order in Dev. It gave me credit check warning. But in production it is not giving me the error.

Once again thanks.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

(ur answer is rewarded)