cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment exception in module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

While Deploying my Custom module(EAR) for an adapter I get Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

How do i get to determine my engine Host name.Secondly, Under SAP J2EE Engine Prferences i have two options ie to run on a local host or run as a remote host.

How to run in a local host? Any inputs?

Regards,

Anirban.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Is still the problem exist!!!.......

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am waiting for the authorizations, so still not sure when i will be able to deploy and test.

Can this be done with Visual administrator? Any ideas.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that through SDM.You can see your deployed modules in Visual Admin.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be in your case you are deploying on to XI Server or Decentralised adapter engine. So check in Integration Directory --> May be you are using the module for some adapter.So check in your scenario while configuring the adapter which one you have selected for the Adapter Engine Parameter.

regards,

Gowtham K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abirban,

You need to give the ipaddress ad port number of the J2EE server where u want to deploy your module.So select remote host in our case.By default the port no is:3601.

If u give both Ip and port no then while deploying it will ask for password of SDM.So first get the Ipaddress or host name of the server where u want to deploy(like WAS or Seperate J2EE engine).

Regards,

Gowtham K.

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Anirban,

Adding on to Gowtham first post you can set the SDM host and port in NDS. Just go to menu Windows -> Preferences SAP J2EE Engine. Here specify the host and port as suggested by Gowtham.

Regards

Sidharth