Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM doubt - change documents for deleted users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hey ,My manager is asking me the list of user created only last week, say 250 user created.How can get this report using SUIM(User Information System).

Regards,

Naveen

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 6, 2009 8:42 PM

More meaningfull subject title added, which is also a usefull search term...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the SUIM report "change documents"-> "for users"

(report RSUSR100)

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under SUIM, go to "change docs" and select "user" - in the report criteria, just select "created users" and put in the date range.

Edited by: JC on Jul 16, 2008 8:54 AM

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the SUIM report "change documents"-> "for users"

(report RSUSR100)

0 Kudos

You could also pull this info from USR02, using field ERDAT (creation date) as search criteria; possibly also with field ANAME (user who created the user record).

0 Kudos

What if 251 users had been created and 1 had been deleted = 250...?

You would need to use USH02 as well, so might as well use RSUSR100 in SUIM.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Oops... you're right...

Well, anyway he said the list was only for his manager... ))

0 Kudos

>

> Well, anyway he said the list was only for his manager... ))

Maybe, just maybe, there is an auditor who already has the 251 created users (either from RSUSR100 or from the security audit log, or a specific period of something else) requesting a list of created users from the manager, to be able to take a sample of the approved user access request forms.

If the auditor does not want to go through all 250, then he /she might only need a sample size of 1 to reach a 100% level of inconfidence with 0% deviation for the sample size... ))

I know that some auditors go around sampling Z* programs from package $temp asking for the test documentation and QA approvals, and those which start with '!'....

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

Wouldn't it be the same thing if we check both the options i.e created as well as deleted users under SUIM -> Change docs -> users and put in the date range. Please correct me incase i am wrong.

Cheers,

Kush

0 Kudos

> You would need to use USH02 as well, so might as well use RSUSR100 in SUIM.

Achtung: I just discovered and learnt something interesting and important.... which I felt was worthwhile bringing this thread back up to the surphace for again to share...

See SAP Note 1079207 - and in particular report RSUSR100N. Big change!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Attention please!

If you implement that note #1079207 (with SNOTE or SP), pay your attention to the mentioned 'SIDEEFFECTS'!

You will have to implement some additional corrections to avoid dataloss!!!

Especially notes #1117530 and #1170022....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

We do not have the Support packs that has RSUSR100N report and our ERP team is plannin gt oapply those in the next few months in all of our SAP systems.

Is it possible to find the change history of users for hwom the SNC parametsr have been updated? I tried USRACL table and it shows only one entry which contains the SNC name and who changed it. It doens't show the past values. ANy advice on how we can find teh chnage history directly from tables?

0 Kudos

I don't have access to such a system, so I can only guess from memory (I would recommend an SP update, because you would be almost 2 years behind on patching the application which is possibly a bigger potential problem than this one...).

If the change docs are there at all for the application change docs which RSUSR100N would later use, then you will find them in table CDPOS and the header (who changed it etc) in CDHDR. You might be lucky, and find them there already. You can just browse the tables in that case.

For table change logging as you have tried, please check whether the RZ11 parameter rec/client has the value "ALL" first. If I remember correctly, then maintenance of USRACL asks for a transport request, right? In that case, rec/client is not enough. You need to go to transaction STMS and in the transport profile of the system add the parameter "recclient" (without "/") to the transport tool as well with the same value "ALL". Also check directly (just to be sure) whether the data which matches the tested changes you are expecting to find are in table DBTABLOG.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for information. This is very useful. Any tips on how to populate multiple entires in USRACL table? We have a Inhouse scripting tool that is formatting the SNC names to Upper case and we are getting error. We have no way of updating the tool, as the person hwo developed it no longer works for us.

0 Kudos

> We have a Inhouse scripting tool that is formatting the SNC names to Upper case and we are getting error. We have no way of updating the tool, as the person hwo developed it no longer works for us.

From here where I am, I have no means of helping you except suggesting that you eliminate the script and replace it with something better

Is this a GuiXT script? These are notorius for problems... and cannot handle sessions because they think they are running on the PC.

There is a view for the USRACL, and if the user exists, then the standard BAPI's can populate it for you as well.

Try use an AD group to create the CN if you want automation, using ABAP BAPIs. That would be my recommendation.

Or transaction SU10?

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 7, 2009 9:33 AM

After-thought added for tcode SU10.