cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPPI Process messages and check status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Does anyone know of any method from xMII to get and check status of process messages sent to PP-PI?

E.g. check for status (has it been sent) and for any errors?

BR

Poul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poul,

I found a few RFCs which might do the job and will list them here so you can test them:

PROCESS_MESS_DOWNLOAD

PROCESS_MESS_EXCHANGE

PROCESS_MESS_GET_RETURN_CODE

PROCESS_MESS_UPLOAD

My search method is kind of funny. I put PROCMESS* into the search pattern of a SAP_JCo_Interface action block to return a list of related action blocks. But since I can't use BAPI in SAP and must rely on SE37, I can't readily see the documentation to determine relevance. But I suspect you can take if from here. I would be interested in knowing what you come up with for these.

I also tried PROCMSG* and get these:

BAPI_HU_PROCESS_MSG

BAPI_HU_PROCESS_MSG_DIRECT

BAPI_LIKP_PROCESS_MSG

BAPI_LIKP_PROCESS_MSG_DIRECT

Where HU stands for Handling Unit, but I can't seem to find out what LIKP refers to.

Hope this helps and maybe together we can get the information.

Thanks,

Mike

Found a couple more

RSAP_GET_MSG_TEXT

RSSM_GET_MSG_TEXT

You may also be able to use RFC_READ_TABLE, but I do not know the table structures which would be of interest.

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 16, 2008 3:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your time !!

I have had a quick look and I do not think they are any good I am afraid. The most likely is the PROCESS_MESS_DOWNLOAD but my PPPI interface doc says :

Using the function PROCESS_MESS_DOWNLOAD, any number of process messages

can be downloaded from PP-PI to the control system. The transfer is always initiated by

PP-PI.

BTW. I have been told that "PROCESS_MESS_UPLOAD" is not supported and should not be used. And I have found a problem sending dates on process messages...

But I will keep the question open for any other suggestions.

BR

Poul.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I will keep looking and see what else I can find.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try RFC_READ_TABLE and use COCQ as the table. I am not quite sure what the structure is, but my Table resource pointed me here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

might point you to a probable solution ,even though it is unanswered and further after a while of research I couldn't find any thing interesting on the same.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another possibility is to use one or more of the RSAQ RFCs to execute a SAP Query, but you would have to know what query to use or have a specific one built in SQ01 (I think). Sam (Salvatore) Castro posted a document somewhere around here a while back regarding how to do it. Pretty well detailed, except for the Column names.

If you go this route, the Column names are redefined by the query, so you will have to check their definition. It will not be what you expect. Google the problem and you can find the solution pretty quickly (how I did it). To get the "real" field names, use the RFC:

RSAQ_REMOTE_QUERY_FIELDLIST

And the only other idea I have would be to generate a custom BAPI.

Sorry, I am fresh out of suggestions.

Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I have spend some time on this and have not found a solution, besides checkking in CO54

I have looked at BAPI_PROCESS_MESSAGE_CHK_EXIST, but if I check the process message when creating it and look for errors here, I can not se, what this is doing for me besides that....

Thanks for your help.

BR

Poul.