Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropdown funda using input field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I wanted to do something as follows

in drop down u have options rite so i wanted those drop down options in a inputfield

meaning when the user clicks on some button besides the input field then i want to open a drop down kinda box where all the options are displayed in the form of a tree and the user selects it it should be populated in the input text field ( i know that we can use a pop up window and a table with all the options inside it but i want this in a tree view and that to the dropdown like box should be xactly below the input field) any help will b appreciated.

regards

sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

One option you can try is put the click event for the dropdown UI element.So when you select from the dropown list,the the click event will fire the trigger.From that you can get which perticular dropdown value has been selected.Once you get the dropdown value,create a value attribute of type string(say XXX)and set this dropdown value to this value attribute XXX.Now get the this value from the value attribute XXX and set it in the input field.

Regards

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think EVS is the solution to your requirement

Regards,

Apurva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi apurva

thank you for the reply

i know that EVS orSVS will help me out to acheive what i was thinking but my needs are diff and i want a tree structure instead of table structure which EVS or SVS will show the options in

do you have any idea if in EVS or SVS tree structure can be displayed other than table with options

any help will be appreciated

thanks & Regards

sudheer varma

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try this code for reference

suppose you have a context attribute of type string named as Values in the Root context and is binded to input field

place this code wdDoInit()

IModifiableSimpleValueSet myvalues = wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute("Values").getModifiableSimpleType().getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();
    myvalues.put("First","First");
    myvalues.put("Second","Second");

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not clear with your tree structure idea. You cannot have a tree like structure inside a dropdown. It can have multiple values alligned vertically inside it.

And if i am not wrong there are two types of dropdowns available. So why to customize the inputFiled as a dropdown?

You can always populate the value selected in the dropdown to an inputField.

Hope i am clear. For any further clarification you can always revert back.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi manoj

thank you for the response my problem here is simply

i want to attain the drop down functionality in input field.

as when u click a dropdown u will get the options available rite like that when user clicks on the input filed or say a button adjacent to the inputfield the options should be displayed but the options should open below the inputfield.

sudher varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you can use the available dropdowns. I dont know why you are not going for it. Otherwise go for the popup window and specify the location so that it appears directly below the inputField.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj

there is some reason behind why i am using input field for achieving this drop down functionality

i have achieved what i want by doing the following way

i have changed my layout to row layout and in the first row i have created the input filed and a button

and in the second row i have created the tree structure i wanted and made it as invisible ok

when the user clicks the button the tree will open up and the according to what the user selects i have set to the context from which the input field is set ( so the selected thing has ben displaying)

the problem in this method is

all the contents which are after the row 3 are moving down when i am making the tree visible which i dont want

so i am searching for the alternatives. i know that EVS or SVS will help but according to my need i want a tree with options rather than table with options( as the case with EVS or SVS )

any ideas will help me alot

thanks and regards

sudheer varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didnt get the statement:

all the contents which are after the row 3 are moving down when i am making the tree visible which i dont want

What do you mean by row 3 here. Is it the child of your Tree UI?

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj

my layout is row layout so in row one i have input field

row 2 will have the tree initially made invisible

and after row 2 rest of the rows will have other stuff so

when i make this tree visible in row 2 all the rest of the stuff is moving down as the tree is occupying the space in row2 ( but i dont want this to happen i want something like when u click the dropdown the options will pop out rite but the lay out will not move anywhere so,i was something like this)

thanks & regards

sudheer varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now i got it. You want to achieve something which is not possible right now in WD. You want that if you expand the tree structure then it should overlap on top of other UI. The same way as calendar comes out over the other UI elements when you click on the calendar icon of a date field.

If this is the thing then its not possible as per my knowledge.

thanks & regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj

Yes you are absolutely rite. anyways thanks for the reply

sudheer varma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not that clear of your requirement..

"in drop down u have options rite so i wanted those drop down options in a inputfield

meaning when the user clicks on some button besides the input field then i want to open a drop down kinda box where all the options are displayed in the form of a tree and the user selects it it should be populated in the input text field ( i know that we can use a pop up window and a table with all the options inside it but i want this in a tree view and that to the dropdown like box should be xactly below the input field) any help will b appreciated.

"

Have you tried Table popins with TreebyNesting in a Table

Creating model window based on the above

Associating this(popup model) to the button near to the inputfield?

Regards

Ayyapparaj