Adding a new tab in Settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to add a new tab button in the following screen :

ITS service : BBPUM02,

Template : SAPLBBP_UM_UI,

Screen : 300

Already there are two tabs in it : 1.Position and 2.User Account for which the subscreens 3400 (gc_detail_position_screen) and 3300(gc_detail_user_screen) are called correspondingly.

The requirement is to add third tab -> "Accounting Preferences" to this and call a new subscreen for the same in the subscreen area "sub_person_info_details".

To achieve this, we added a push button (as we couldn't locate any tabstrip on the template and both Position and User Account are also pushbuttons) "Accounting Preferences" adjacent to the User Account pushbutton, in the module pool screen "300" layout and accordingly added the BBPTab code in the HTML template also and published the same. We also created and designed the subscreen 3500(gc_detail_accpref_screen) for this tab in the SE80.

We correspondingly added module pool code for the new tab and subscreen by replicating the code of User Account tab and subscreen 3400 wherever located using the Where-used list button Now as of now the pushbutton/tab "Accounting Preferences" is visible in the SRM Web page but on the click of the same the subscreen is not displayed.

Please help us to display the subscreen on the click of this tab.

And also if we are wrong in adding the tab as pushbutton then please guide with the right steps to add the same and achieve the functionality.

Regards,

Vikas

It's urgent please. Reward points will be given right away !!

Edited by: Vikas Mehta on Jul 16, 2008 1:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have one word file for discussion about this

pl write to my business ID

BR

Dinesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JJJ ,

The URL is not changing at all.

Hi Dinesh,

The problem is still unresolved.

Hi All,

Please suggest some measures if possible as it is urgent. This especially can be a great learning stuff for ABAPers who want to make a mark in SRM arena.

Regards,

Vikas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

The problem is solved. We are able to view the Accounting Preferences Tab now in the Settings screen.

Actually the problem lied in calling the bbpfunction.html in the newly added html template i.e. 3500 screen. Actually the new screen 3500 is also defined in the BBPUM01 ITS service where we didnt write the code. So there we called the bbpfunctions.html from service bbpglobal.

We have many other requirements linked to this Accounting Preferences which I shall post in a new thread.

Thanks a lot anyways for your support !!

Regards,

Vikas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I have the same requirement. Could you avoid modifications?

Regards

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you click "Accounting preference" does the URL change from the normally used one. If yes just correct the same