cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-Collective Usage Decision

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

there are so many inspection lots of insp.type 04.now i donu2019t want to record characteristics for these lots and only want to make ud of all these lots collectively. so how can i do this.

I have already tried QA16 but i am unable to see lots but these lots exist when i see in qa32.so please give me its solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmad,

You can record UD collectively through QA16, as you were expalined by several forum members in your previous threads.

But without recording results, it will not possible.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal

u r right but i have run QA16 and it shows that lots on which i have not recorded even single result or defect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then go ahead,

In that next screen it will show the work list. And at above it it will give you the buttons for execution of UD in foreground / back ground. As you click on t nothing will happen.

But it will allow you to perform manually, and the same will lead it to the way as Jan has suggested you, by doing it through QA32, repid session.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 16, 2008 4:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I have performed the collective ud for lots having status REL CALC SPRQ through QA16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal

Please dont mind as i am asking again and again but the problem is that i have made lots for two different materials for insp. type 04.lots from both materials have same status as just i have created them.but when i go to QA16 to make collective UD,for lots of one material it shows lots and make collective UD but for second material it shows nothing lots to process.

So please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are the lots visible in QA32? with what Status?

Regards,

shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes with status REL CALC SPRQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal

i am so happy as problem is solved by myself during hit and trial.

i have set the indicator optional characteristic for MICs from Required characteristic.and now in QA16 all lots are visible and i can do the collective UD for all that lots just after creation.

Now please tell me is there any other bad effect for making optional characteristic from required characteristic.because i want to change all MICs of finished products from required to optional.should i do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmad,

Congratulation!!!!

It is very simple as it looks, If you set the MICs as optional system will not check them while performing UD or Stock Posting through QA11 or any other transactions.

Now it depends up on the dignity of requirement that how much it requires to perform UD without recording results, if it is so important then you can keep them as Optional once.

But along with them what I would suggest it to keep them as "Long Term" also, So that in future in any case if you would be in need to record the result (e.g. for taking a COA printing out of that lot), then you will not get trapped.

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 17, 2008 11:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am really thankful to u for supporting me so long.

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. the bad thing is that recording results for characteristics becomes optional.

If a tech in the lab fails to record a result or misses a result, or just doesn't feel like doing it that day, there is nothing to prevent it.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

QA16 is for OK lots only; which means all required characteristics are in status 5 and "accepted".

I regret to say that you have to do it manually. The fastest way is to use QA32, mark a number of inspection lots and click on the UD button. Then you will be able to do UD in a fairly rapid succesion.

Jan Erik