cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party sales related question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to analyze my client SAP system and came across a scenario like this.

1) A 3rd party sales order is created without any subsequent documents like Purchase order etc as in a standard 3rd party flow. A new sales document type (for example ZABC(not the real names)) is configured for it and a normal item category is used in the Sales order.The schedule line category doesn't create any Purchase Requisitions and henceforth any subsequent documents.An IDOC is created though.Also the SP is a marked as a third party customer.

Why we dont have he subsequent documents generated in this case.I am not able to understand this process with business point of view.Is it that they just creat a 3rd party SO in the system for there reporting purposes or anything else.? Is this kind of situation used for any other client then please let me know the reason behind it.

2) I also have a customized 3rd party order type (for example Z3AB (not the real names)) which follows all the standard 3rd party sales flow.But in this case the customer is not marked as a third party relevant but the item category is ZTAS (Third Party Item) because of which we get the complete flow of a standard third party sales.

So please let me know the difference between the 2 scenarios.I was thinkin that the customer should always be marked as a third part relevant but thats not the case in the second option.

Let me know in case of any other information required.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

General third party sales.

two types of process we can follow.

1. Third party scenario in which vendor sent the item to the customer and the company will bill the customer.

2. The third party scenario where vendor send the material and the company delivery the stock to the customer and bill.

As per the your CASE1:it refer to the second process above.

created a sales order. and generated a IDOC. will hit the customer.

Documentation is need, say if the idoc has wrong picked the quantity , or if the proof of delivery should be received. then with what reference you will change are no that the order is completed.

Example : statiscal invoice will be done based on the vendor delivered material and Proof of delivery.

as the second CASE 2: the process which clearly explains what we have done .

Example : say if you have 200 materials , 100 materials will be send by vendor 1 and another 100 send by vendor 2. so this process be clear where , what we are doing.

thanks

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

But the sap help states the following:-

In third-party order processing, your company does not deliver the items requested by a customer. Instead, you pass the order along to a third-party vendor who then ships the goods directly to the customer and bills you. A sales order may consist partly or wholly of third-party items.

There is no such case wherin the vendor supplies goods to us/company and we/company bills to the cutomer.

So, now I am abit confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go thruogh the Both the Processes Explained Below.

1. SALES PROCESSING USING THIRD PARTY (WITH SHIPPING NOTIFICATION)

In this scenario, the vendor sends a shipping notification. After that a statistical goods receipt is posted. The incoming invoice from the vendor updates the billing quantity, so that the customer-billing document can only be created after entering the invoice from the vendor.

2. THIRD-PARTY WITHOUT SHIPPING NOTIFICATION

In third-party order processing, your company does not deliver the items requested by a customer. Instead, you pass the order along to a third-party vendor who then ships the goods directly to the customer and bills you. The standard sales order automatically creates a purchase requisition for the materials to be delivered by the third-party vendor.

The incoming invoice from the vendor updates the billing quantity, so that a customer billing document can only be created once the vendor has entered the invoice.

Hope this will Help !!

Regards,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

An example will definitely clear the picture of Third part Sales.