cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges - Best Practise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone advise what's the best approach if a particular number range is being used up for a sales order type? Do we assign another number range? What if we really run of number ranges, is there anyway to reuse the number range by archiving documents out?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

We too had a similar situation with our Sales Order number ranges.

The best way is to create a new number range & assign to your Sales Document type.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

No you cant. This is not relevant if you have morethan one credit control for a company code.

You cant assign morethan one credit control area to a company code. I dont know how are you telling like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry. I dont know how this answer placed here. I was replied to another question.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many ways by which you can acheive your desired result.

You can have number range based on Fiscal year. eg. in 2008 for Sales doc you are using no range 10, 1000000000 - 199999999 and say you exhaust that. this u can treat in two ways:

either Reassign new number range to the sales doc say 49, 2000000000 - 2999999999.

or reset the counter for the number range 10 to 0 (Zero) and use it. There will be no conflict in numder series use in the same fiscal year. As doc number does not total depend on number range only, it also take date into consideration.

Hope it clears you query. If not kindly revert or esle reward.

Take care. JP