cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII V12 System Jobs (TempFileCleaner)

0 Kudos

Hi XMII gurus,

My users need to keep the xmii job logs during one week.

For the moment xmii only keep the last hour job log.

I guess it is a system Jobs called "TempFileCleanor" that delete these logs but I dont know how to change it.

Is there a way to change these settings ?

By the way, the Help on the System Jobs is very "Unhelpfull"

Regards

Jean-Louis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Louis (and fellow posters),

You can use the following URL:

http://<server>:<Port>/XMII/Illuminator?service=Scheduler&Mode=History&RowCount=1000&id=<Scheduler ID>&StartDate=07/24/2008 00:00:00&EndDate=07/24/2008 23:00:00

This will bring back whatever is needed for a specific timeframe. The Scheduler ID is found on the Scheduler Page. Obviously, the RowCount and Start and End dates can vary.

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Thank you Fran and Erik!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not the job of Development team.This is the job who is giving support to the system means the team who is installing anything in the server,restarting the server like this.

So you ask those team to schedule the job for weekly basis.

Thanks,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Just to clarify my question :

I am on Unix SOLARIS and XMII V12 SP2.

I am in charge of the system settings and administration stuff.

The problem is that I do not see where to change those default system jobs in XMII or in the WAS Java.

You can see these jobs in XMII menu : System Management / System Jobs .

If someone has succeed to change these settings please let me know.

Regards

Jean-Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you referring to the Netweaver Logs & Traces?

0 Kudos

Hi Udayan,

No, I am talking about the job log that you can access when you go in the XMII scheduler in System Management and you click on the spreadsheet icon on the left.

Regards

Jean-Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran a test and you are right the log shows only the records for the past one hour but this does not necessarily mean that this is related to the "TempFileCleaner".

I would suggest you open up a case with SAP and get first hand info from them.

0 Kudos

Ok Udayan,

Thanks for your research, I just send a message to SAP, I will let you know the answer in this thread.

Regards

Jean-Louis

0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

just to let you know.

I have opened an oss message and they told me that the job history was not deleted.

That is true in fact, after some investigation I have discover that the job logs are not deleted and it is stored in an Oracle table called XMII_JOBHISTORY.

But when you click on the spreadsheet icon in the scheduler you can only see the last hour logs. So I have asked SAP if there is a way to change it and waiting for their answer.

SAP also tells me that the system jobs cannot be changed (I dont see the interest of this menu then).

Regards

Jean-Louis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you saying about log files created by xMII Application in C:drive.By each run xMII will write the log files in C: drive.Those are system generated.

If there is no free spcae in C: drive, xMII cannot write the log files and Application wont work.

I guess system Jobs called "TempFileCleanor" is scheduled for each hour in your case.Which is deleting the log files.So you need to schedule this job for weekly basis.So that always last week log files will be there.

This is not the job of Development team.This is the job who is giving support to the system.

You ask them to schedule the job like this.

Thanks,

Manisha