cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our basis team have just created a new training PI Instance(TX1). I am in the middle of completing the readiness checks and I have found a glaring issue.

The Exchange Profile Parameters of TX1 contained the values that were relevant for QX1 (our Quality system).

So i thought ok no problem I will just change them to the right values. I did this and restarted the server and everything was fine TX1 now had all the right values and I was being taken to TX1 via SXMB_IFR.

However for some reason I decided to check the QX1 system to ensure I hadn't affected anything and unfortunately everything had also been changed in the QX1 system.

So my problem is that everytime I change one Exhange Profile, the other is also changed automatically.

As in if I change QX1 then the changes are refelected in TX1 and visa versa.

I am guessing there must be a dependency between the two profiles but I can't figure out where that dependency is defined.

Can anyone shed some light on thie please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't you hate it when you look at something, don't see the issue and then move on, only to recheckit later and see the problem right in front of you? Well this is what happened just now.

I was checking the connection tab for both Exchange Profiles again and I saw that the database connection on TX1 is to that of QX1. So thank you for all of your help anyway. I will reward point for the helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Are you using a common SLD for both systems or these are separate?

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

No we are not this is the problem. They are meant to be completely separate instances, however the exchange profiles somehow seemed to be linked?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The details of Exchange Profile at retrieved at runtime from ExchangeProfile.xml file. Although these files are located on the XI server locations, but make sure that the basis team is not using the same file for both the systems.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

that didn't seem to be the issue, do you guys have any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

you can refer to link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5e/f85141196ff423e10000000a155106/content.htm

Each J2EE-based component of an XI landscape has an exchange profile access client installed, where JCo RFC connection data for the central exchange profile is maintained. The connection data for the exchange profile is stored in the J2EE secure store of the component. The user specified in the connection data should have the ABAP user role SAP_BC_AI_LANDSCAPE_DB_RFC on the Integration Server.

I guess connection detail maintained in Exchange profile is same for TX1 and Quality System.

Gaurav Jain

Reward Points if answer is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats a strange problem. This shouldn't happen if both ur systems are installed on separate java engines. Exchange profile details of two independent installations are independent of each other.

Regards,

Prateek