cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict the Cost Center Search ?

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Im a little bit worried... In my Org Model, I defined in the CNT user's attribute some Cost Centers.

I was thinking that this action would restrict the Cost Centers that the end-user can use.

Obviously not.. it seems that it is just a default value, but the user can search and put any cost center. The same concept applies for the GL account. =(

Somebody knows how to really restrict the cost centers that an user can use ?

I appreciate your help a lot !!!

Regards,

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

For cost centers search help in SRM, there are 2 options:

1 - You use the backend search help, then backend search help is called directly, and the attributes are not taken into account.

2 - You do not use the backend search help, then a HTML select option (dropdown list) of codes is shown to the user with all the values entered (one by one) in the user attributes (or herited values, but ranges are not supported).

The first option is used as soon as the user has the authorization object (authorization object SRM 3.0: M_BBP_SHLP; authorization object SRM 4.0: BBP_FUNCT/value: BE_F4_HELP)

What I understand, is that you want to use the backend search help, with a limitation upon the user attributes: this can be done using the search help BADI.

Regards.

Vadim

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

In fact no.. I would like to use the 2nd. option (dropdown list with codes taken from user attributes).

What I need to do in order to activate the 2nd. option ?

Thanks Vadim !

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just delete the authorization object specified in my previous thread from the users roles.

Regards.

Vadim

PS: Be careful about the maintenance when choosing this solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

I hope you can help me with this search problem. I want the option 2 as well and have deleted the value BBP_FUNC/BE_F4_HELP on all roles allocated to my user (We use SRM4.0).

I expected a dropdown list or at least only my attribut CNT values will be shown as result in F4 search but nothing happen. Do you know whats wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Jesper Lander

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

1. Maintain CNT attribute in PPOMA_BBP

2. Confirm that your users dont have sap_all profile assigned

It should work, it worked for me

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

The CNT attributes are maintained with 3 entries and my user dont have sap_all.

Have you the costcenters in tabel BBP_COSTCENT_FAV??

Regards,

Jesper

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

Nop, I didnt do anything else. By the way, Im using SRM 4.0

What is exactly the behavior ? did you see the binocular icon ? or the combo box ?

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

I use SRM4.0 as well

I see only the binocular but this do not work because I have removed the object from the roles.

I do not see any combo box.

Will the costcenters be shown in the combo box or be suggest when the user begin to type in the costcenter field???

Regards,

Jesper

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jesper,

Im not sure about this error. However, Why dont you try to "show" the binocular icon as the standard way ? Maybe that permission affects the combo box also.

By the way, how did you remove the binoculars ? I could try in my system that in order to see if the combo box works.

THe cost centers should be shown in the combo box (non-editable)

Best regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Jesper, I am also having the same issue where we want there to be a drop-down menu w/ entries from the Attribute CNT not to the R/3 end. Deleting the authorization object mentioned above (BBP_FUNCT) this did not remove the binoculars.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had a similar problem... look at this thread, might be useful for you:

BR,

Renaud

Answers (0)