cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple receivers: but message reaching only 1 : how debug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to send data-file to 2 different legacy systems using a single incoming idoc. So in my receiver determination I have configured 2 receivers with some conditions based on the idoc segments.

However this message is reaching only 1 receiver( file getting created only for 1). There is no error message that it could not be sent to other receiver.

How do I debug or investigate wheer the problem is?

All I am trying to understand, why isnt the file being created for the second receiver.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if the comm channel is having any error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created 2 sepaarte Business-services(BS) for the 2 leagcy sytems. However I am using the same communicatrion channel for both recievers.

I have different interface Determination for both the Business services, So using the same comm channel should not be a problem. Am I right in assuming this.

Regards

Shirin

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is ur receiver? If u r using file adapter, then it may be the case that both the conditions must be creating file with the same name and therefore overwriting the first file

Regards,

Prateek

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please give details of the comm channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using File adapter in my comm channel. Using FCC to write the file. Have 2 bussiness services (BS-1 and BS-2) using this comm channel

I checked RWB and all is GREEN. Just that i saw this comm channel name appearing twice as it is assigned to 2 sepaarate Bussiness Services (BS-1 and BS-2).

I also checked in RWB, that this comm channel is picking data for only 1 bussiness service (BS-1). Even after i removed all condition in the receiver determination for (BS-2), no data seems to flow for the Bussiness service BS-2. In this case as theer are no conditions attached data should Have flown, but its not.

What could be the issue ???

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion you should create two separate CC. The reason for your problem could be that when your file is processed then at the time of receiver agreement since you have only one common CC it just processes and creates the file for the first receiver.

I hope if you create 2 CC then it will work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can look into your RWB under message monitoring if your message have been successfully sent to both receivers coz there is no other way to track it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added my receivers using [] and not '+' button.

So each is having a diferent condition.

Currently we can use the signs mentioned below to create AND /OR condition with the incoming fields(xpath). Is there a way to use IF/ELSE or some more conditions there. What does 'EX' mean in these conditions.

I assume

=     :Equal
/=    : Not Equal
~     : Approximately
EX   : Exclude??

Is that right.

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunaltely, there is no direct way to debug the conditional receiver determinations. U have to check the xpath expression and check whether both the conditions are true or not. Both the receiver will receive data only when both conditions are true

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

As you are saying you had configured two receivers based on some condition's .

as the corresponding condition is satisfied it reaches to the respective receiver .

if condition is satisfying both the receiver then you should look in the receiver determination ...

Thank's

Chetan Ahuja