cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Group getting changed while transfer Requirement in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing SRM 5.0 in classic. Various product category and P grp combination profiles are maintained for PDP transfer. The normal transfer was initially working fine.

From past few days only, all the PRs are getting transferred with a default P - Grp. i.e. even if the Pgrp in PR is 'A' or 'B' it changes to a default P grp 'C' when the requirement is displayed in the SOCO. All the P grp are available in the Org structure as well.

I checked all the PDP settings which look fine as earlier it was working ok. Can anyone give a diagonosis for this issue?

Can it be related to the Workload distribution (automatic).

Thanks in Advance for replies.

Regards

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

even though you link the backend porg & pgrp to SRM org units in the org structure

there is no real time linking between the ECC pgrp and these resp org units

depending upon the prod cat and dept responciblity of pgrps in SRM

the responcible PGRPs are derived in SRM while creation of external SC

if many options are these then the org data redeteminaiton is done and lowest are picked up as responcible PORG & PGRP

hence you are getting diff PGRP after ECC PR transfer

to align the external SC to ur ECC PR PGRP you need to implement the logic with the help of follow BADIS

BBP_PGRP_ASSIGN_BADI,

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I appretiate your answers but my problem does not seem to be involving BADIs. Even my org structure is simple.

ROOT

I----P org

I-----P grp M1

I-----P grp M2

The company codes are directly under the Root org i.e. parallel to P org.

Both P grps M1 and M2 have the PDP channel responsibility and same attributes. Hence I wonder how it works well with M1 and if PR has M2 then it changes the P grp to M1 while creating a shopping cart.

We have no BADIs implemented for P grp. Also I tried moving M2 up in rank but same results.

Any things missing in this?

Regards

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Dinesh explained,when the PR's are transferred from R/3 to SRM ,the SC's which are created for these PR's all have the Porg and Pgrp defaulted to the Local Porg and Locla Prgp defined in the entry channel in the Org structure.So even if the mapping exists in SRM for the backend pgrp and org are not assigned in the SC created from the PR's transferred from R/3.These porg /grp needs to be assigned explicitly for these SC's(created from external PR's) in SRM using the mentioned BADI's.

Since you dont have any BADI's implemented in your system for the Porg/grp change,you can verify the above statements by seeing the Porg/grps in the SC's (created frm R/3 PRs) in your SRM system.They should have the porg /prgp value as the one maintained for the local porg/grp in the SRM org structure.

For sample codes of the BADI's please refer my earlier reply.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I might have missed the point. We have no Logal P org and P grp. Only single P org under which there are 3 P grps. All of which refer to backend.

The P grp which is defaulted is also the backend P grp. I.e. in my above example both M1 and M2 are backend P grps but only M1 is getting defaulted. There are No local P grps.

Moreover the system was working fine for some time with PRs getting transferred with respective P grps. Somewhere in between some settings have changes this.

Hope I am more clear in my requirement now.

Our entire requirement is through PDP. No Self service and SHC.

regards

Hussain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So in your system ,the local Porg/Pgrp is not maintained in the Org structure and still you are able to transfer the PR's from R/3 to SRM?

Without the local Porg/Pgrp mantained in SRM,generally the PR's cannot be transferred to SRM from R/3.Errors such as ANORETRY are encountered.

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Yes we faced the issue earlier, Then we realized that if you maintain setting "Backend purchasing groups responcible" and your org structure does not have a Local unit, then you can transfer the PRs with backend P grps.

However after some unknown event, the P grp is now getting defaulted to fixed single Pgr.

Regards

Hussain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably, there would be an implementation active for one of the Puchasing group badis.

There are three badi's / methods for purchaisng group default or derivation on the SC.

If the badi's are not active, check for the Purhasing group assignment for the RFC user.

Please let me know if my thoughts are correct.

dV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you transfer the PR from R/3 to SRM,by default,the Porg and Pgrp values in SC are those corresponsing to the Local Porg /Pgrp defined in the entry channel in SRM org structure.

If you need to set thecorrect values for the Porg /Pgrp for the user(as defined in SRM org structure),then implemnet the BADI "BBP_DOC_CHNAGE_BADI".

See the foll threads for more details:

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.