cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Parent DC's View in embeded child DC's interface view.

anbusivam_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a requirement to open a view/window of a parent webdynpro application from an embeded child DC's interface view.

Currently i'm doing it by creating a context element for ComponentAPI in interface controller and passing the parents ComponentAPI reference to embeded dc through interface controller context.

How should I do it without pasing the reference? Is there any way to get parent Applications ComponentAPI in a child DC?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to add a entry for the parent component usage in used webdynpro components .then in the window of child component add required conroller of parent component interface view... in the embedding view u can add interface view of parent componnet from the given options.

Thanks,

Yashpal

anbusivam_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want to add a reference of parent in child DC then the child DC should aware of the parents that are going to use it. Then there is no use of using DC.

The child dc can be used by any number/type of webdynpro applications and my requiremnt is to get the parent's window at the runtime, not at the desing time.

Anbu.