cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File2File Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running a file2file test.

im trying to move a text file from my computer to a diffrent location.

Do i need to specify my computer in the SLD as a nfs technical system ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I'm running a file2file test.

> im trying to move a text file from my computer to a diffrent location.

Use FTP if you want to use your local machine or else upload file on your XI server's directory by using the tcode SXDA_TOOLS and then you have to use NFS mode in your sender file adapter and have to provide the directory name (you can see your uploaded file by using tcode AL11).

The porcedure to put a file on server by SXDA_TOOLS is as shown below:

1. Save your file in your local machine.

2. In XI server, enter the tranaction code "SXDA_TOOLS".

3. In the input screen, enter:

i) Object Type "DXPROJECT".

ii) Program Type "BAPI".

iii) Program "CREATE".

4. Press Copy (Ctrl+F5) button.

5. Now, you will get another screen in which you will see 3 blocks called as "Source", "Target" and "Copy with/without conversion".

6. In Source block, choose the radio button "Presentation Server" and then take F4 help to select your source file. (file which you have saved on your local machine)

7. In Target block select the radio button "Application Server", check the box "Remote server" and take F4 help to select your application server.

8. In the same block under "File Type" select "P physical file name" and under "File Name" write the path/directory name which you have mentioned in your communication channel along with the file name.

Example: suppose file name in your Comm Chanel is "demo.xml" and directory path is "/abc/testfiles/XML/", then in step 8 write "/abc/testfiles/XML/demo.xml".

Note: need not to do any thing in 3rd block.

>

> Do i need to specify my computer in the SLD as a nfs technical system ?

No need to mention in SLD.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you place the file on your local desktop means you have to configure you desktop as FTP Server. Rather than doing this ,Place the file on XI Server and Use NFS

1) goto SXDA_TOOLS Transaction code

2) Provide the Following details

Object Type : DXPROJECT

Program Type: BAPI

Program/Method: CREATE

3) Click on Copy Button

4) Select the Source as Presentation Server

a) Select the File where you saved in your Local machine

5) Select the Target as Application server

a) Check the check box Remote Server

b) Select the File type as Physical

c) In File name give /usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work\Your file name (This the Server path

Where the file is going to save)

6) Click on Continue

Go to AL11 and check whether the File has been create in the following path //usr/sap/SSD/DVEBMGS00/work

Provide this path in the Communication channel path when you select the Transport Protocol as NFS and you place the file in AL11 directory.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

TX for all the answers.

i don't have an ftp server in the project, and the test will go prod eventually.

i need to make it work nfs, is there no option ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zevik,

Get a shared folder created on your XI server and get read/write access to it. Access it from your desktop by providing the credentials. You can then copy the file from your desktop and put it in this folder.

In your file adapter, choose NFS and specify the directory path and filename.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Instead of NFS use FTP and configure an ftp.

You do not need to Create a tech system in SLD in ID you can create a business service and create a sender file of type FTP sender.

reward points if useful.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zevik,

You need FTP server to send the file to other system. you need to define the technical system(SLD) as standalone java and in file configuration select trasport protocol as FTP and provide FTP server details.

Reward points if found helpful

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For NFS, file must exist on the XI application server. XI wont be able to pick file from your desktop.

Another option is to use FTP. You can install an FTP server (e.g. FileZila, GuildFTP etc) on your desktop so that it acts as an FTP server. You could then use FTP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz