cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N4S Test Drive New License not Allowing Logon (error in license check)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reinstalled my N4S testdrive after a NIC failure caused all sorts of problems - the demo license had expired, so I requested and received a new demo license from SAP.

I've installed the license via SLICENSE, and the license is showing as successfully installed, and has the green light next to it. However, I can only logon as SAP* - none of the other created users can logon - the error message on client 001 is:

Logon not possible (error in license check).

I've reinstalled the license, but this hasn't helped. I'm wondering if there is something still on my system pointing to the old expired license. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When the license is expired, you won't be able to remove the old license.

The trick is :

- shutdown the AS

- change the date of you system to a date for which the old license is good

- start the AS and remove the old license in slicense, install the new one on client 000 with ddic user (if available on your test drive)

- shutdown the AS

- change the date to the right date of today

- start the AS, it should work with new license.

Let me know if this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Be sure you have selected the correct system id when you request the license. In my case it is N4S - SAP Netweaver 2004s(DB2) and verify that the SWPRODUCTNAME field is the same as the initial license (ex: SWPRODUCTNAME=NetWeaver_DB6). If it is not more than likely you selected the wrong system id in the license request. It may not be enough just to change the values to match, you should re-request the license, just to make sure all the values match up correctly.

Please see the link to the blog below:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9110] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Edited by: James Vaught on Aug 3, 2009 9:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across this error and finally I found the reason. For some reason the HW Key changed after the first reboot. I might have changed the network (don't know). I requested a fresh demo license and the stuff was working well. Tip: double check the hardware key in case you have some licensing issues!

cheers

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i had same problem and on tr "\nslicense", on tab "Digitally-Signed licenses", on the left of message "A valid license key is required to operate this system" , there's the name of product (of course).

If you request your license key on http://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm there are various system Ids with  the same name.

In my product "NetWeaver_ADA" the correct license is the second of three products with name "NPL - SAP NetWeaver 7.02" . When you receive your license via mail you have to find "SWPRODUCTNAME=" , in my case i found "SWPRODUCTNAME=NetWeaver_ADA" because that's my product.

Hi have requested 3 licenses and  lost 4 hours,

regards

mark_somper
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had exactly the same problem - the second entry for NPL was the one I needed.

Thank you Jorge for sharing this vital piece of information and saving me about 3.5 hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may be too late, but try to delete all your old licenses, after that, look al your hw key, look in your requested licenses if there's a valid license, otherwise ask for a new one.

It's very important, delete old licenses then look at your hw key but before delete older licenses.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are renewing your trial license, you may want to pay attention to the system number at the bottom. For some reason, in my case, it was different from the one on first trial license file I received. I had to manually change the system number on the new one with the one on the old one that was working to get the license file installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Are you talking about N4S on VMware? I have the same problem with the received license file. The only difference is, on my installation the license can be deleted by sap* (Client 000 and 001)

Regards

Tarkan

jan_dahl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

me too, can logon only with SAP*. I can delete and reinstall my fresh generated license but that doesn't help. The expiration date is empty in the system status field, can that help?

Installation runs smooth as described in [Gregor Wolfs Blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9110] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; until I tried to logon as developer.

Regards

Jan

Edited by: Jan Dahl on Sep 17, 2008 7:20 PM

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ..

how you've got installed the license?

Old Licenses - per hand

or

New Licenses - per *.txt file (digitally-signed license keys)?

jan_dahl
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did it by text file, imported the file with the 'new Licence' dialog.

Regards

Jan

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ..

check via SLICENSE the 'Active HW-Key" - The first field.

Take a look in the N4S.txt file and check the 'HW-Key' inside.

It's the same key?

You can install a license with an other HW-Key and the light is green too.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias - thanks for the response.

I've checked the Active HW key against the hardware key in the license file, and it is the same on both.

In the installed licenses section, it lists the SID as N4S and the Sware Prod as NetWeaver_DB6. The valid to / from dates are both correct, so I have no idea what is going on here.

I know there are some license problems at the moment, and I wondered if I had inadvertently used the wrong license, but everything appears correct?

Unfortunately, as I can only logon as SAP* I can't delete the license in order to reinstall it...

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Will ..

it's a good question. I've got no answer at this time.

To reinstall the license, logon with sap* / 000.

In the SLICENSE:

If you see the license, at the installed area, select the entry with a click on the square / quad.

The color of the line, turn into brown.

In the headline goto [Edit] and [Delete License] or Shift+F2

Now you can install a new one.

If you've install the license goto [System] and [Status].

Is the 'License expiration' filed empty?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

OK, I can't delete the license as SAP* - the error message says that deleting the license can only be done by the administrator, since deleting the license will leave the only possible logon from SAP*.

Anyhow, in System --> Status, the License Expiry Date field is unpopulated as you suggest. Should it be populated?

Many thanks for your help so far.

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

on a new installation, only the user sap* can be logged on.

But .. why you can't delete the license? Very strange ..

MY experience says, the matter of the empty field is a not correctly installed license.

Although, the light is green.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. I have installed N4S (Netweaver 7.0) test drive version on Linux. I can logon as user sap* with the password sapn4sadm. But I get logon not possible error when I logon as either "ddic" or "developer". Similarly, as user "sap" I created a test user; but when I logon as that test user I get the same logon not possible error message. Could somebody confirm that the N4S test drive version allows only "sap" to logon and not any other user?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I have not resolved this yet, so cannot give you a fix.

As per Tobias' comments above, can you confirm that you are also unable to delete the license as user sap*?

I wonder if this is somehow related to the license generation problems that are going on. In order to narrow it down, has anybody received an N4S license in the last few days which has allowed them to log on as another user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to delete the license while logged on as user sap. There was a message though saying that the license can only be deleted by an administrator not by sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had to get the recommended JDK version from IBM to fix this problem on my installation. I had to include this JDK path in the install.sh file to get everything working correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I tried what you said. I am still having this problem (Cant login as any user other than sap*), I changed installed_jdk_home="/opt/IBMJava2-amd64-142"

Also, I didn't understand why JDK is a problem when trying to log in to ABAP.

Thanks

Amar