cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does anyone know whether XI message mapping can easily map the two structure element with the same structure. It seems that the function button u201CMap selected fields and substructure with identical namesu201D can only be applied to the whole source message and target message. I have the requirement that for example:

Source:

Root

Item

ItemAttachmentFolder: complex structure

Target:

Root

ServiceAttachmentFolder: same complex structure as ItemAttachmentFolder

I need map from ItemAttachmentFolder to ServiceAttachmentFolder.

Then the function I mentioned above will not work. As the structure of this attachment is very deep and complex, I do not want to drag and link them all.

As I think, this shall be a common requirement that an element can be mapped to an element in target message which has same structure completely, or am I wrong here?

Best regards,

-Stanley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stanley,

Just select ItemAttachmentFolder and ServiceAttachmentFolder and use the same function you said. You should be able to map all the fields below. Are you not able to achieve this?

Regards,

Jaishankar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to select ItemAttachmentFolder from source and ServiceAttachmentFolder from target structure and then use the function button u201CMap selected fields and substructure with identical namesu201D.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this function works also for substructures.

You have to select ItemAttachmentFolder and ServiceAttachmentFolder and then click the button.

If the button is not enabled you should use another java version (1.4.2.09).

Regards

Patrick