Do XI needs an different clients?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do XI system needs different clients like

200 - developement

201 - Testing

etc...

As of my understanding it doent need different clients for different purpose like In CRM we have

200 - development

201 - testing... etc

I am correct.. Please suggest me

Regards

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Single landscape may contains differnt clients for XI box

Edited by: BVS on Jul 16, 2008 10:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes ,is the answer for your Question,Regarding the entities in the ABAP stack will be changed depends on the landscape...

And regarding the cleints...we consider fat clients IR and ID these two are also depended on the landscape...and which reside on Java Stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its depend on the requirement, data availability & methodology followed by the client/customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

most of the development happens in the Integration Repository which belongs to the java stack and there exist no clients.

You can use different SWCVs for DEV, QA, ...

Only one client of the abap stack can act as Integration Server that makes it difficult to use more than one of them.

So you can have only one Integration Server or you will have one PI for DEV one for QA and so on...

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

There is no point in having multiple clients on a XI system. Since the Java stack (i.e. IR, ID, SLD, RWB) is common to all clients on the system, generally only a single client exists within a system.

PS: Dont confuse clients with environments - DEV, QA, PROD are different systems/environments and 200, 201 etc are clients within each of the environment/system. Thus, DEV 200 and QA 200 are different systems.

Regards,

Riyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes we need for different clients:

Purpose:

DEV u2013 For complete development and Unit Test

QAS u2013 For Integration Testing with client

Thanks

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Yes,Development, quality, production clients are defined in xi system, just similar to any application system.

->We develop the interface in development client and test it using test tab in message mapping.

->We test the interface in the quality client.

-->In the production client we access the interface with live data to resolve the errors in the interface.(Support)

Reward points if found helpful

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the system landscape.

Normally the landscape is like DEV-QA-PRD..........optionally sandbox

Thanks,

Madhu