Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HTTP 404 u2013 file not found" Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the process I am following:

1. We have imported the standard war file XMAU_eclipse.war in NWDS & renamed as MAU30

2. After exporting a new war file was created named MAU30.war.

3. We generated the MAU30.sda file and deployed the application on our mobile device.

4. When checked it was running fine.

Again, I follow the same process as from Steps 1-4, but the only change I make is when I export the file in NWDS. I checked the option

a. Add JSP as compiled classes.

i. Keep generated Java files in project after .war file has been generated.

Now, after the application is successfully deployed on the mobile device, clicking on the Application name - I am getting the Page not found error u201C HTTP 404 u2013 file not foundu201D.

Please explain why this problem might be happening & What can be the solution to that.

Waiting for your replies

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

As sivakumar said, its happend completely because of the wrong mapping of the web.xml file. I had faced the same problem when I tried compiling the precompiled JSP's.

There are some servlet mappings in the web.xml file will come down to last lines of the page. They are supposed to be in the beginning.

Please compare the web.xml file (not the xmau_eclipse.war version. You should also get another war file along with the zip file that you had downloaded from market place, which will have the compiled class files.) , with the one that you have.

Hope this helpful for you.

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

does it work again if you uncheck the selection? I do not think so.

Beside the change mentioned earlier, please check if the naming is correct and the app name is the same as the foldername.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

The reason for this could be due to wrong web.xml file present under the WEB-INF folder of the application. The xml might be wrong or the servlet mapping within this xml might be wrong. Kindly check this and the best way to resolve this is in the generated war file, replace the web.xml file with the original web.xml file available under xmau_eclipse.war file

Best Regards

Sivakumar