cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure to upload CSV file to R/3 using Exchange Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Let me know how to upload CSV file to R/3 using XI. Actually my requirement is to upload the contents of an MS Excel file to R/3. Some friends advised me to use CSV file rather than an Excel file. So I will save the Excel file as CSV file then use XI upload the data to R/3.

I am new to XI. Please tell me is this the correct way to do. If so then please explain clearly the steps to be followed.

This is an urgent requirement. Points will be rewarded to all the friends who give me step by step procedure.

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

<b>For CSV to IDOC...</b>

Did you Check this guide???

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38...

<b>For CSV to RFC</b>

<b>For CSV to PRoxy..</b>

<b>Excel to IDOC</b>

<b>Excel to R/3</b>

********Please reward points,if found useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Great Solution is Here

Read Excel instead of XML through FileAdapter

"JAVA MAPPING", an alternate way of reading a CSV file

Reward points if this find helpful

Thanks,

Mahdu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the CSV file means you can do it as File(CSV) XI-SAP R/3 using File content conversion

How to process CSV data with XI file adapter

JAVA MAPPING", an alternate way of reading a CSV file

Or if you want to connec to MS-Excel and want to do means

MS-Excel---XI Integration

Regards

Seshagiri

Edited by: N V Seshagiri on Jul 16, 2008 8:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

My actual requirement as told earlier is to transfer the data from Excel file. The blog by Mr. Felix 'Read Excel instead of XML through FileAdapter' tells about some jxl.jar an API. But i dont know Java. So please tell me is it possible to achieve with ABAP alone.

Moreover if CSV is used instead of Excel, tell me about the steps to be followed in detail.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

First of all you just confirm whether you are going to use CSV File or you want to connect with the Excel Directly.....

any how use this if you have CSV File means

How to process CSV data with XI file adapter

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sheshagiri,

Thanks for helping me. If you give your email id i will send an Excel file. Basically its a Time Sheet for a particular employee for a particular month. This file is sent by all our staff through email. The relevant / necessary data from each file has to be uploaded to R/3 using Exchange Infrastructure. The person who recieves the email will save in a designated folder from where XI shoud use the file as payload.

If its possible to achieve with an Excel file directly, i will be extremely delighted. Otherwise CSV file has to be used.

So kindly suggest me the best possible method.

Please be informed that i dont know Java.

Thanks

Ramesh