cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block ifo record when Vendor rating below accp limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can a QM Info for a vendor be blocked automatically (by using any enhancement) when the Vendor Quality rating goes below the certain limit.?

Kindly Suggest.

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and no.

You can use the Q-info record (QI01/QI02/QI03) to release vendors for specific materials. You can use QI06 to mass maintain these. In the info record you can set specific blocks. For instance, you can block any new PO's for the vendor/material combination.

The blocks however are not automatically set. Typcially, someone runs the vendor evaluation on a regular basis (ME61 or ME63) and reviews the poor performing vendors. These vendors can then be blocked using the QI06 transaction as explained above.

Vendor evaluation is not a dynamic value. It is only changed when the vendor evaluation program is run. So their Quality score would not change or 'drop' on a day-to-day basis unless some one ran vendor evaluation on a day-to-day basis. (ME6G sets up a batch job to do this and can be run daily).

To make it automatic, a program would need to be written to look up the vendor scores after the vendor evaluation job was run and then set the block in the quality info record for vendors with a score below a certain value.

Be careful. If you have materials that are primarily single-sourced, you could winid up blocking your only or primary vendor. This can also be especially true for materials that are purchased on an infrequent basis. If you only order twice a year, one failed inspection can swing the Q-score down a lot. Thus possibly blocking your vendor.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot...... Craig.

I will check up the said possibility with the client. Mean while can u pl suggest by which programme i can run the background job just like ME6G in MM is there any such for QM.

Thanks a lot for your valuable consents, I'm assigning the points.

thank you very much

Regards,

Anil

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The vendor evalution is considered part of the purchasing area even though it utilizes a lot of QM functionality. So no.. there is no menu option or Q* transaction to run the vendor evaluation.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Very much Craig.

Appreciating your prompt reply

Regards,

Anil