cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COA-Quantity Release not shown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on an issue where in the release quantity is not reflecting in the COA(Certificate of analysis).

Please tell me the possible reason for the same & how to rectify the problem.

Regards,

Vivek Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What makes you expect that the COA would have that to begin with?

I encourage clients not to put quantities on the COA to start with. It is not a billing statement or bill of lading or mainifest. There is no legal requirement, FDA requirement or other requirement for it. It certifies the batch, not a specific quantity.

That said, the standard SAP coa layout does provide the delivery quantity which comes from the delivery. This is not necessarily the release qty.

Where do you think you will get the release qty from? The same batch can have multiple 04 inspection lots. So you can't guarantee that there is only one inspection lot. It would only be by a business process that you only have one lot.

You might be able to retrive it from a production table somewhere, ,i.e. total confirmed against the order. But you can have more then one batch received against an order. So I'm not sure you can get it there.

If you can find a field that will reliably have what you are describing as a release qty, then you can modify the COA program to pick it up and use the SAPscript to print it out. Keep in mind that if you create a custom COA program, then the QC22 transaction for creating manual COA's will not function the same.

Craig

Answers (0)