SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Bank Number (US)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have IS-Utillities but our Financial System is not SAP. We received payments from banks and non-banking institutions. Looking at the House Bank configuration in SAP (transaction code FI12), these non-banking institutions that we receive payments from were configured to have "Bank Key".

I played with the possible values for this field and it is using "modulus 10" thru function module FI_CHECK_BANK_NUMBER_US to validate the Bank Key value.

How do you determine the bank key of a non-banking instituion? Where is this coming from?

If it helps, my company is in the US and we receive payments from CheckFree, APS, etc.

Thanks gurus...

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Blumtain

I'm not sure about your requirement from your query.

However, there are few settings in SAP that determines the validataion checks.

They are :

IMG\General Settings\Set countries\Set Country specific checks.

Here for your country, say US, you can detemine the checks for Banks as well as Post offices.

Also @ IMG\Bank Accounting\Bank Accounts\Check post office bank branch numbers, you can configure your field length.

Hope this helps?

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The function module FI_CHECK_BANK_NUMBER_US is customized in table TBE31, this function module only validats standard US bank numbers, if you want a new validation for a specific set of bank or other instututions maybe you should create a customer function where you will cann the standard FI_CHECK_BANK_NUMBER_US for normal bank instututions and another one to perfomr you spcific validations. You must then customize you customer function in table TBE31 replacing the standard one.

Adriano Silva.