cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Search Help Values returned from RFC into InputField

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I currently have an input field on the screen that is already tied to a field in one model that I have pulled back from SAP, which I will also have to send back to SAP once populated. I also need to call another RFC in SAP to return the possible values that are allowed for this same particular field. The values returned from this RFC are in a table, and I somehow need to transfer the data in this returned table to the input field as value help. Can someone help me?

Input Field = Plant

RFC Return table = Search_Help

Search_Help table has one field called fieldval

All of this are properly mapped to the appropriate controller and views.

Thanks,

Kristina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to do the same thing but I always get an error.

I wrote the following code:

IWDNodeInfo ccNodeInfo = wdContext.nodeZPRTL_MM_ISSUE_R_input().getNodeInfo();

IWDAttributeInfo attrInfo = ccNodeInfo.getAttribute(IPrivateIssueByCostCenterCompView.IZPRTL_MM_ISSUE_R_inputElement.KOSTL__FROM);

<b>ISimpleTypeModifiable msType = attrInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();</b>...

When the last code line is being executed I get the error.

I just want to remind you all that the attribute type is not string (it has the type that was defined in the function module in R/3).

What can cause the problem ?

Thanks, Nir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristina,

You have to implement an EVS for doing the same. Here is the link for the example.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b3/f68e4ab25d7549888eb612bcb359f1/content.htm

Basically you have to change the following code to suit your need.

IWDAttributeInfo attributeInfo =

wdContext.getNodeInfo().getAttribute(IPrivateMain.IContextElement.COUNTRY);

ISimpleTypeModifiable countryType = attributeInfo.getModifiableSimpleType();

// Set field label and populate valueset

countryType.setFieldLabel("Country");

IModifiableSimpleValueSet valueSet =

countryType.getSVServices().getModifiableSimpleValueSet();

for (int i = 0; i < 40; i++){

valueSet.put("Key_"i,"Country "i);

}

In the above for loop code, instead of "40", use the size of the table containing the allowed values and then in the valueSet.put(<use your table values>).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Thanks so much for the reply. I think I will now be able to make this work. Unfortunately, I can not test it out at the moment because I am having another issue, for which I have opened another thread with the subject of "Null Pointer Exception for Action". If you could be of assistance on that question as well, it would be great, as I am very new to Web Dynpro and Java. Thanks for your help with this question!

Kristina