Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgments for IDoc

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an IDoc-PI/XI-External System scenario, are system error acknowledgments sent back to the SAP sender system when system errors occurred during message processing in PI/XI?

If so, in what forms are the system error acknowledgments?

Thanks in advance,

Francis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Francis...

I am assuming you are talking about an idoc --> xi --> outward scenario...

if thats the case then the third party system can send responses, System and application level that can be mapped into an aleaud document, to indicate status..

Hope that helps

Regards

Ravi Raman

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'm referring to the situation where the request message hasn't arrived yet at the receiver third party system. Meaning there was some failure during message processing by PI/XI. Will PI/XI send a system error acknowledgment to the sender SAP system?

Thanks,

Francis

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible for PI/XI to send system error acknowledgment in this situation (error in message processing prior to sending the message to a third-party receiver application system? If so, how is this configured?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If there is some problem with message processing at XI/PI, then no message will be sent back to sender ERP system

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I came across this document: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

The two scenarios that are considered in this document are:

1. IDoc-XI-IDoc, and,

2. External System-XI-IDoc

Our scenario is IDoc-XI-External System.

It was mentioned on pages 3 and 4 that there is one type of acknowledgment which is system error acknowledgment. Does this acknowledgment apply in the IDoc-XI-External System scenario?

Thanks,

Francis

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

On page 4 of above document, it says that system error acknowledgments are sent back by default. Does this apply to an IDoc-XI-External System scenario?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. System ack will be visible by default

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Where can we see the system error acknowledgments? In the SAP ERP sender system or in PI/XI?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System ack can be seen in PI/XI.

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the effect of setting the value of the ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE parameter to 1 in transaction SXMB_ADM in an IDoc-XI-External System scenario? Refer to page 9 of the document whose URL I pasted above.

Does PI/XI send a system error acknowledgment to the sender SAP ERP system?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE parameter is usually used in the async scenarios. After activating this parameter, when sender sends data and error occurs at XI, then sender system gets an ack for this error. So in such cases, XI will be sending the ack to sender

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of acknowledgment will the sender SAP ERP system get? Is it in the form of an ALEAUDIT IDoc?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ohhh.. i think lot of confusion

I answered earlier also in terms of non SAP systems. Lets talk only in terms of Idoc

In case of idocs, only receiver system decides whether an acknowledgment IDoc should be sent back to the sender based on the ALE configuration (for ALEAUD). So this would only be possible in Idoc - XI - Idoc scenario. In any of the other scenario u will not get ALEAUD back.

In case of External Sys - XI - Idoc, even if Idoc receiver sends back the ALEAUD, BPM would be required to send back the ALEAUD to external system.

In case of Idoc - XI - External Sys, the system ack sent by the External Sys is converted to an ALEAUD message and is sent back to Sender R3 system

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I'm talking about an error in PI/XI processing (e.g. Rec Determination, mapping, etc.). Meaning the request message has not reached the external system yet.

Will PI/XI send an ALEAUD message to the sender R/3 system?

I don't think the external system can send the ALEAUD message since the original request message has never got to it yet.

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meaning the request message has not reached the external system yet.

No. In that case no message will flow from XI to Sender ERP

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the difference between system error acknowledgment and application error acknowledgment?

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System error ack is sent when the receiver cannot successfully receive the message.

Application error ack is sent when the receiver has already received the message but is unable to successfully process the received message.

Regards,

Prateek

francis21
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

In the context of the IDoc-PI/XI-External system scenario, who will send the system error acknowledgment and to whom will this be sent? You mentioned in an earlier reply that when a message cannot successfully reach the receiver external system, no message will flow from XI to Sender ERP.

Thanks,

Francis

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of Idoc - XI External System, receiver system sends the system error ack to XI. This error will be visible only in the XI monitoring and will not be sent back to sender.

Regards,

Prateek