cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating a Reference Document to an output parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, there!

In my transaction, I create an XML document using the SAP XMII XML Output actions.

Then, I assign this document to an Output parameter for this transaction.

If a put a Tracer after this, Iu2019m able to see my XML perfectly generated.

Now, on my .Net client, Iu2019d like to consume this transaction as a WebService.

But, after the Row elements of the output, nothing corresponds to the real XML that was generated. I can see the output is all messed-up debugging my .Net client.

Iu2019ve found out that this is happening because the WSDL generated by WSDLGen isnu2019t correct. And I can understand why it is so: as the output is generated on-the-fly, WSDLGen cannot know about its structure when constructing the WSDL.

So, is there a way I can associate, say, a Reference Document to my Output parameter, so that WSDLGen can generate the WSDL correctly?

If not, is there another way I can make this thing work?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your question almost contains the answer...

In the Transaction you will have to assign a reference document (look in the editor's file menu) to the OutputXML transaction property and link it to your IllumDocument (after selecting it don't forget to press the Assign Reference Document button).

If you look in the Link Editor after doing this you will be able to expand your Transaction property and see the document structure - this should then expose it to .NET like you need.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Your solution worked perfectly!

Just adding to it, I had to build a sequence (the first sequence on my transaction) with a "Reference Document Loader" action into it and I associated the "XmlContent" propertie of this action whith my Output parameter, at the XML Reference Mapping window (the one that opens when you press "Assign Reference Document" on the "Transaction" menu.

I hope this helps people to get it going faster.

Thanks a lot for your help!

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But you said you "create an XML document using the SAP XMII XML Output actions" - couldn't you just map the Transaction OutputXML to the Document? If the Document action has explicitly configured columns then you shouldn't need the extra steps of a Reference doc loader. The Assign Reference document just tells the one object to appear like the other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it didn't work this way, Jeremy.

I guess xMII can't know about the document' structure at "development time".

Only at runtime this document will be constructed, so it can't generate the WSDL unless you associate it with a Reference Document.

At least, that's what it looked like to me.

Answers (0)